free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Versions of Matte Kudasai

Versions of Matte Kudasai

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Versions of Matte Kudasai

Postby patthew on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:56 am

This is something that I've been trying to get to the bottom of for a while, and I'm afraid I've exhausted all the knowledge that Google can offer.

The first version of Discipline I downloaded had the Fripp-less Matte Kudasai as track 3 (3:44 long), and Matte Kudasai [Alternative] bonus track. The bonus track was about five minutes long, completely instrumental, and sounds nothing at all like Matte Kudasai. At one point during the track somebody yells "E MINOR!" and the track ends with Fripp saying that the chapman stick is like "nothing I've ever heard."

I eventually got my hands on an original vinyl pressing of Discipline, which was the first time I heard the REAL original version of Matte Kudasai. Sounds exactly like the other version, but it has a guitar part. No bonus track.

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I downloaded another version of Discipline. This one has the guitar-less version (approx 3:47 long), then the version with Fripp as the bonus "alternate" track (approx 3:50 long).

It seems odd that the band would re-title an original version of a song as being an "alternate take," but whatever. I'm just trying to figure out the name of this mystery track parading around as the alternate version of Matte Kudasai.

Hopefully somebody else knows what this song is, but I can send it to you if you don't have a copy.
patthew
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Re: Versions of Matte Kudasai

Postby diderot on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I never knew about this instrumental version. I'm not sure the band would re-title the song, probably it was mistitled by your sourceā€¦

I'll be sending my e-mail as I'm curious about this version.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby patthew on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah I figured it was more likely the result of somebody sucking at titling their MP3s then spreading it all over the interwebs, I probably kind of worded my original post weird.

And so we don't need to bother with emailing, I found this youtube video with the song, also incorrectly titled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55upJ3Kj1qI

I am confuse!
patthew
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Yorkshire Square on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:02 pm

This is "Fashionable" from the Vrooom Sessions 1994; absolutely nothing to do with Discipline or Matte Kudasai.

You can get it from the DGM Shop: Club 8.

I hope you haven't been downloading unauthorised copies of the mighty Crim; that would make Mr Fripp a very unhappy bunny. :D
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby patthew on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Haha of course not! I'm actually buying some albums twice, once on vinyl and again on the 5.1 reissues. I wish they'd reissue the vinyls as well, apparently it's getting popular again or something.
patthew
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby patthew on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Hmm actually it sounds like it's actually Funky Jam, not Fashionable. But it's still from the Vrooom Sessions. Thanks for helping me find this!
patthew
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Return to The Albums