free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The Collectable King Crimson: Volume One

The Collectable King Crimson: Volume One

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Riverman wrote:You've been complaining for years about wanting to hear the whole show unedited, and now you're complaining that it wasn't edited??

Come on, editing out silence is not exactly what I meant.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Riverman on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:53 pm

Yeah, but it just seems too picky to be complaining about anything here. The Asbury Park recording is the second most awesome live Crim release ever.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:57 pm

I gave the release about as good a review as I've given any Crimson release, calling it one of the best live recordings by them ever. I'm not being picky, I'm just pointing out the obvious. I love the release, and that's all that counts. BTW, what do you consider the BEST most awesome Crimson live release ever?

Indyrod

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:58 pm

Single disc, that is.....

Indyrod

Postby Riverman on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:02 pm

Oh. Single-disc wise, Asbury Park is it. But concerning their greatest live release overall, I think there's no contest.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:05 pm

Ha, well I should have known. I would have to say TGD myself for multiple discs, and "Asbury Park" for single disc.

Indyrod

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:22 pm

I have Mainz but not the Asbury Park download, and I notice that the difference in price between the download and this 2-disc set is only $3.50. Damn.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Hans on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:30 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:I have Mainz but not the Asbury Park download, and I notice that the difference in price between the download and this 2-disc set is only $3.50. Damn.

Makes you wonder why people are bitching about the prices of the downloads, doesn't it? :lol:
Hans

Postby MiKcrobe on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:46 pm

Hans wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:I have Mainz but not the Asbury Park download, and I notice that the difference in price between the download and this 2-disc set is only $3.50. Damn.

Makes you wonder why people are bitching about the prices of the downloads, doesn't it? :lol:

That bitch is somewhat justified when you consider that a Collector's Club disc, say, Live in Mainz, for example, is $14.00. Thus, if you buy the Collectible KC Vol. 1, they are giving you the Asbury Park show on a manufactured CD with liner notes, for a mere $2.47, whereas if you download it, you'll pay $12.95. So I can either download AP for $12.95 or buy it as a CD for $16.47 plus shipping. For someone who has neither concert, it's a no-brainer.

Oh, and Collectible KC Vol. 1 is currently on backorder. :roll: At least downloads never go on backorder.
Last edited by MiKcrobe on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby vrooom on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:51 pm

Again, there is a real disparity between KCCC releases, DGM Live downloads and this new "Collectible" range. But heck, what can you do about it? A big fat nuthin' cos someone's got to pay and they needs da money. The only thing you can do is stop buying this stuff...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to The Albums