free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The Collectable King Crimson: Volume One

The Collectable King Crimson: Volume One

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Postby Riverman on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:55 am

Dog_none wrote:I have not paid a tuppence in shipping charges from Amazon in years

Yeah, but have you paid any real money?
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MiKcrobe on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Dog_none wrote:I have not paid a tuppence in shipping charges from Amazon in years (except when I ordered a dehumidifier from one of their other vendors, but that doesn't count) and I've never had to wait more than a week for anything (that wasn't backordered).

Same here. I've ordered a few used items and that carries shipping charges, but only when the total cost is less than buying the item new. Recently, my wife wanted a certain book, and I was just about to order a CD anyway, so I said, great, that should put it over $25 to get free shipping. The total came to $24.90. I spent 2 hours trying to find something cheap to bump the total over the threshold. :?
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Indyrod on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:05 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:Recently, my wife wanted a certain book, and I was just about to order a CD anyway, so I said, great, that should put it over $25 to get free shipping. The total came to $24.90. I spent 2 hours trying to find something cheap to bump the total over the threshold. :?

That's actually pretty funny, you spent two hours trying spend a dime, to save a couple bucks with shipping. I have no problem finding a cd or dvd to bring any order to 25 bucks. But with me and Amazon, most of my purchases are from Amazon stores, for a much lower price than Amazon itself, and you always have to pay shipping that way, but much less overall.

My retail music and movie buying is pretty much always Deep Discount with free shipping, unless Amazon offers a two DVD special which they sometimes do, which is always over 25 dollars.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Re: The Collectable King Crimson: Volume One

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:04 am

Indyrod wrote:The only thing I don't like about this release, is the long long bits of silence between some of the tracks. Some of it is applause, but on a couple of songs, you begin to wonder if something is wrong with the disc. I can overlook that for the sheer energy of my favorite band on fire, but hell, you would think they could have edited out all that silence. All in all, this is absolutely one of, if not my favorite live recording of King Crimson, and well worth the wait to have as a proper REAL disc. USA-2 is finally here!!!!!!!!! :D

This is a common problem with live KC releases. I'm pretty sure TGD could have been a 3 or even 2 disc set if only they would cut out all the damn applause and silence. This is why I'm gonna edit that shit out myself one of these days when I'm really bored (shouldn't be too long from now).
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Re: The Collectable King Crimson: Volume One

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 pm

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:
Indyrod wrote:The only thing I don't like about this release, is the long long bits of silence between some of the tracks. Some of it is applause, but on a couple of songs, you begin to wonder if something is wrong with the disc. I can overlook that for the sheer energy of my favorite band on fire, but hell, you would think they could have edited out all that silence. All in all, this is absolutely one of, if not my favorite live recording of King Crimson, and well worth the wait to have as a proper REAL disc. USA-2 is finally here!!!!!!!!! :D

This is a common problem with live KC releases. I'm pretty sure TGD could have been a 3 or even 2 disc set if only they would cut out all the damn applause and silence. This is why I'm gonna edit that shit out myself one of these days when I'm really bored (shouldn't be too long from now).

I know USA does have that one track (I can't think of which one right now) with 2 full annoying minutes of applause, but there is no way TGD has enough applause and silence that could allow the set to be pared down by 1 or 2 entire discs. I'd be surprised if you could shave off more than 10 minutes total.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Previous

Return to The Albums