free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKct X - Heaven and Earth (2000)

ProjeKct X - Heaven and Earth (2000)

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Re: Enuff Whizzing on PX

Postby Riverman on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:08 am

crimcinnaman wrote:I'll take PX over a Crimso studio session leftover disc everytime!

Me too. As much as I enjoy the Chambana sessions or the VROOOM sessions, this one leaves them both in the dust. Forward-thinking enough to still sound futuristic seven years later.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:31 am

belew jay way is the balls too bad its a bit distorted and I would have cut fripp off the end btjm. does he always have to have the last word? ala islands?

I think it would have been good to see some of the pieces in concert,

Business, cin alayi, over head undertoe, six oclock, all would have been great to see live.

I like all the rehearsals I think snuggle from nashville was a good one too. Kc is a band where it pays to hear what they were doing in the studio unlike so many others who just sort of play the same track again and again until they feel they like it.

most of the ideas I hear in the rehearsals are just as enjoyable as what was put in the albums.

Kc is like a icosahedron many faces many sides yet all conected as one
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:55 pm

Very true. Well, they did try "Heaven & Earth" live. Hearing it on the DVD does make me wish they'd stuck with it for a while and tried some more H&E stuff too.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby evktalo on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Thanks for your input crimcinnaman. As you can read from the first post, I didn't like PX very much initially, but it's grown on me since and I think I'll try to listen to it with new ears after what you wrote.

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby Krimzep on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:56 am

dont forget about Tony's Jam!! always makes me think of the ewoks from starwars 3 when the solo that kinda sounds like an oboe or maybe a clarinet.

aside from belew jay way its the most played rehearsal from the list.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Previous

Return to The Albums