free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The Power to Believe (2003)

The Power to Believe (2003)

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:54 pm

vrooom wrote:
Indyrod wrote:That makes "Level Five" the winner by one vote. Way to go Gilesfan, that's the way it should have ended anyway.

Ehhhh...like Dog said, I'd have just had to re-adjust the vote in my favour.

Darren

Doesn't matter now, Gilesfan ended the poll right here and now. "Level Five" wins, nothing you can do about it now. :twisted:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Owen on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:23 pm

Indyrod wrote:
vrooom wrote:
Indyrod wrote:That makes "Level Five" the winner by one vote. Way to go Gilesfan, that's the way it should have ended anyway.

Darren

Doesn't matter now, Gilesfan ended the poll right here and now. "Level Five" wins, nothing you can do about it now. :twisted:

Sorry boys, I missed my vote too remember. TPTB2 it is for me.

Back to a tie.

Any other stragglers want to weigh in?

Cheers,
O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Fox on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:04 pm

Owen wrote:
Indyrod wrote:
vrooom wrote:

Darren

Sorry boys, I missed my vote too remember. TPTB2 it is for me.

Back to a tie.

Any other stragglers want to weigh in?

Cheers,
O!

My favourite track is actually facts of life. I like the Gates of Paradise soundscape build up and then Wham!! It bites ya bottom.

One thing that spoils this track for me is Belew vocals and lyrics they sound quite forced and spoil the track.

Sorry Ade
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Krimzep on Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:11 pm

for my money the EP was a much better release.

TPTB seems to me to be rehashed stuff from the last three years

I put it on and right away I started to feel that I had heard it all before.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:29 pm

Krimzep wrote:for my money the EP was a much better release.

You "have" heard it all before, but this is the result of those other releases. That's what Crim does, and I like it, give us a peek at work in progress. TPTB is an excellent album to me, with the final polishing being done to the different tracks, and that outstanding "Machine" production. The EP was nice, but it wasn't the studio release, therefore it was incomplete and not what the band intended. If you're going to support KC, you need to support the studio releases that the rest of the world gets.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

?

Postby Krimzep on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:55 pm

Indyrod wrote:
Krimzep wrote:for my money the EP was a much better release.

You "have" heard it all before, but this is the result of those other releases. That's what Crim does, and I like it, give us a peek at work in progress. TPTB is an excellent album to me, with the final polishing being done to the different tracks, and that outstanding "Machine" production. The EP was nice, but it wasn't the studio release, therefore it was incomplete and not what the band intended. If you're going to support KC, you need to support the studio releases that the rest of the world gets.

Ohh I get it .

I just found the stuff on TPTB too similar to the stuff on TCOL not the ep.

the ep is the most original aspect of the TPTB but thats MHO

Ps. I have been listening to Kc and plenty of others bands since I was 15 I'm 40 now so I think I can tell when I have heard something before.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Guest on Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:29 am

I'd rather TCOL than TPTB.
TCOL is a fresh material and isn't available before. The album is powerful and music is amazing. The tempo is very fast. When you listening album ther is now time to rest always in motion.
TPTB is much fondant. Material is well known ("level5" and "HWWYHTBHW") I was very disappointed when I uncoverd tha power to believe II is virtous circle or power to believe III is deception of the truth. I expected new songs, that's all

Postby Dog_none on Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:17 am

That was kind of the idea. They used touring as a means to refine and polish the material before committing it to a studio recording. I think the results are a pretty solid, well contruKcted and well produced album. Some may call it tame, but I don't think so. Wasn't it marketed as something like "a culmination of 3 years of Crimsoning", or something?

And you're right, the charm of TCOL is that its so raw and unrefined. It was like nothing we'd heard before and for some of us it was tough to get into (but well worth the effort).

To me, both TCOL and TPTB are great additions to the KC catalog.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby MiKcrobe on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:59 pm

I like them both. TPTB did suffer from too much it having been revealed in advance, so there were few surprises on it for hard-core fans who were following every facet of its development (including buying the Happy EP and KCCC#21). However, that doesn't make it any less good of an album. There were just so many spoilers around. I'd be curious to hear the opinion of someone who bought the album and was being exposed to all the material for the first time.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby vrooom on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:00 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:TPTB did suffer from too much it having been revealed in advance.

I could argue that TCoL suffered the same exposure. I remember that there was an online press conference/playback of TCoL before its release and I listened to the whole album over a narrowband connection in highly compressed audio. (This was in the day just before broadband and DSL became the norm). Those were the days... :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to The Albums