free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Absent Lovers - Live in Montreal 1984 (1998)

Absent Lovers - Live in Montreal 1984 (1998)

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Postby vrooom on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:23 pm

JerryWS wrote:I LIKE ALL THREE OF THOSE ALBUMS. In fact, they're better than TCOL and Islands. Let me be clear, I'm talking about the album Islands and NOT the live band. I find TOAPP to be a nice mix of songs.:twisted:

Looks like we might have get out the special "Learning Stick" to "beat" some sense into you, my boy! :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby JerryWS on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:52 pm

vrooom wrote:
JerryWS wrote:I LIKE ALL THREE OF THOSE ALBUMS. In fact, they're better than TCOL and Islands. Let me be clear, I'm talking about the album Islands and NOT the live band. I find TOAPP to be a nice mix of songs.:twisted:

Looks like we might have get out the special "Learning Stick" to "beat" some sense into you, my boy! :D

Darren
HA! That's pretty funny but at least on TOAPP there's no "gettin' jiggy with it" if you know what I mean. Islands isn't bad it's just it feels long to listen to. TCOL sounds like the band is trying to write the songs after they've already started recording them and with the questionable sound mix, it's a pain to listen to for the most part.
JerryWS
ProjeKction Regular

Postby RYG on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 pm

I really wish the band would revisit TCOL's master tapes and spruce it up a bit. They've already re-sprinkled their fairy dust on THRAK. TCOL is already 6+ years old so in the world of Crim it's ready for it's Re-master already. :roll:
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Previous

Return to The Albums