free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - THRaKaTTaK (1996)

THRaKaTTaK (1996)

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Postby flyz51 on Mon May 10, 2004 3:34 am

Having thorougly digested B'BOOM by the time this was released, I didn't hesitate to buy it (unlike THRAK itself). First listen: " WHOOOOAAAAAH! That's certainly different."

I certainly appreciate the audacity of this cut and paste experiment. Over the years after intermittent listenings, it doesn't seem so abrasive nor challenging of a recording anymore. It still has an agressive edge to these ears, but nothing beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned. It has its moments, and more importantly it provides a kind of review of the various places this vehicle carried them during that tour. Probably not eseential, but I'm glad to have it both as a document and to have contributed to the cause by buying it without hesitation at the time of its release.
flyz51
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:27 pm

Having just got my feet wet with The ProjecKs I was wondering about this release. Is it anything like the ProjecKs? It seems to get some really ugly reviews which makes me want to buy it. Is it all real aggressive or does it have serene spacey moments like the ProjecKs? I'm very curious and will probaly buy it for that reason. :?:

Postby vrooom on Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:43 pm

It is the musical equivalent of prison sex. It's not nice, but you know that you've got to go through it to pay yer dues.

Ugly recording. Best thing about it for me are the titles and the sticker on the front warning all those who are about to buy it.

:D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby bongo on Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:10 am

Mother Hold The Candle Steady While I Shave The Chicken's Lip

the title alone is priceless!
"get along little doggy."
bongo
ProjeKction Champion

Postby oveh on Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:07 pm

Having been in and out of hosiptal for the past few monts, undergoing very unpleasent and painful investigations.....
Had surgery, wich was painful too...

And inbetween all that, got the frightening message, "You suffer from cancer"

Well, what can one do? In my head i thought: "a positive attitude helps a lot". And bringing that attitude, and my MP3 player loaded with the ugliest, heaviest and most obceen (Spelling, sorry!) album ever released by KC to date. I am glad to say that my verdict so far is that I am healed.
Therefore, this album has gained a very special place in my heart and mind. Under those circumstances, I am sure that KC scared all cancer cells shitless :D , just accompanied by some Chemo :( and my own positive mind. :wink:

What the doctors think, I don't know. One of them asked me:
"What the #¤#!!¤ are you listening to?" :D

I don't say music, or this album in particulair helped me heal my cancer.
All I say is that it helped me cope with the situation I was in. And it was a good choice, since startin to listen to it properly, is a battle itself.

Now I can say, I reccomend this recording.

Cheers,

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Owen on Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:15 pm

Oveh, that is an amazing story.

So glad to hear that you are a cancer survivor. Now the future is in your hands...

What's this I hear about you wanting to emigrate? I'd recommend Australia but our Prime Minister is a dickhead too.

Cheers,
O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby oveh on Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:23 pm

Owen wrote:Oveh, that is an amazing story.

So glad to hear that you are a cancer survivor. Now the future is in your hands...

What's this I hear about you wanting to emigrate? I'd recommend Australia but our Prime Minister is a dickhead too.

Cheers,
O!

He, he... No, not really. But with such "minisiters" as the one in the other topic, one can start to wonder if one will be the laughing stock of the world......

:roll:

Cheers,

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:23 pm

Oveh,

I suspect the healing began before the music started. Any motherF&*#*er bad enough to bring THRaKaTTaK to hospital in the first place had cancer outgunned from the git-go.

Congratulations on your triumph, and thanks for a unique and compelling recommendation.

-TCA
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby L.RayRojo on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:28 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:Oveh,

I suspect the healing began before the music started. Any motherF&*#*er bad enough to bring THRaKaTTaK to hospital in the first place had cancer outgunned from the git-go.

Congratulations on your triumph, and thanks for a unique and compelling recommendation.

-TCA

I'll second that. Good thoughts your way Oveh.
_
LRR ---->
EYE and EAR
L.RayRojo
ProjeKction Savant

Postby vrooom on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:28 pm

Just in case you all thought I was completely heartless, Ove told me about his problems a while a go and I've been firing off psychic projeKction support on everyone's behalf. It worked...hurrah! :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to The Albums