free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - VROOOM (1994)

VROOOM (1994)

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

VROOOM (1994)

Postby vrooom on Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:41 am

<center>Image</center>

Your thoughts about this album to be posted here - so feel free to talk about your first listen, what you like about this album, what you don't like, etc.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby RYG on Wed May 12, 2004 9:37 pm

When this came out in 1994 it was a totally unexpected release as I had heard nothing about KC getting back together (these were the days before the internet was as popular as today and no magazine would even discuss anything Crimson (which is still true today)) and I wasn't sure what to make of it on the shelf. Well, curiosity got the best of me and for the price of an EP I went for it.

What a great re-introduction to the band, albeit with two new members (I knew the names from the Sunday All Over the World release). I don't know how different it is but I always liked the version of "One Time" on here better than anywhere else since.

I would have to say that the song on here "When I Say Stop, Continue" is one of KC's most obscure tracks and, I suppose, was pretty much an improv (although it doesn't specifically say it anywhere) since it has never emerged anywhere else, live or otherwise.

Any way, this is the release (for obvious timing reasons) which re-energized me to King Crimson and led me to finally purchase The Great Deceiver.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby bongo on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:43 am

it appears to have a lot of the same songs as "thrak", yet different performances of them. any thoughts?

well, i LOVE cage! (i just recently bought this.) it is amazing how a SIX PIECE band could play a song so fast and with such precision! previously, i had heard the semi-acoustic version of cage on "eyes wide open".

"when i say stop, continue" is cool! this has been in the truck cd player for about 2 weeks now!
"get along little doggy."
bongo
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Hans on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:13 am

I think this version of THRAK is one of the intense pieces of music Crimson ever recorded. I love the fact that the main riff just keeps going and going until you think you can't take any more. Heavy! :twisted:
Hans

Return to The Albums