free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Three of a Perfect Pair (1984)

Three of a Perfect Pair (1984)

Post all your thoughts on King Crimson albums here.

Postby MiKcrobe on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Riverman wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:I think I may burn a custom copy of this album, leaving off the two "...Man..." songs and selecting only one "Sleepless."

That's almost what I did. My CD-R runs:

3PP
Model Man
Sleepless (T-Lev mix)
Nuages
Industry
Dig Me
Industrial Zone A
No Warning
Industrial Zone B
Larks' III

Your mileage may vary...

Mine would be that minus Model Man. Back when I used to use *cough*cassettes*cough*, I put Beat and TOAPP onto a 60 minute tape. Not a 90, but a 60. All the tracks I cared to listen to from each album fit easily into 30 minutes. Actually, the side with Beat still had plenty of room to spare.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby laurent m on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:57 pm

The Crimson Fox wrote:I still think this is one of my favourite King Crimson albums.

I don't completely agree (Beat is the one for me, my first entry point into KC universe), but I do think it contains the definitive 80's KC piece in TOAPP. The point where the sometimes too brainy cyclical playing of Discipline and sometimes too blatant pop inclinations of Beat finally merged perfectly in one short and concise song.
laurent m
ProjeKction Fan

Postby JerryWS on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:24 pm

I really like this album and I guess that kind of puts me in the minority. Although four versions of Sleepless is a bit more than I can sit through in one sitting. I like this album better than Beat and even Islands. :twisted:
JerryWS
ProjeKction Regular

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:18 pm

JerryWS wrote:I really like this album and I guess that kind of puts me in the minority. Although four versions of Sleepless is a bit more than I can sit through in one sitting. I like this album better than Beat and even Islands. :twisted:

You show promise, my son... (although Beat is the better record)
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby JerryWS on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:19 pm

I really like Beat too, although the second half has always seemed a little shakey to me in spots. I think these songs are great live however.
JerryWS
ProjeKction Regular

Postby Yorkshire Square on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:37 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:
JerryWS wrote:I really like this album and I guess that kind of puts me in the minority. Although four versions of Sleepless is a bit more than I can sit through in one sitting. I like this album better than Beat and even Islands. :twisted:

You show promise, my son... (although Beat is the better record)

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby JerryWS on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:44 pm

I think I like the way The Crimson Avenger thinks.
JerryWS
ProjeKction Regular

Previous

Return to The Albums