free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KING CRIMSON: "LIVE IN CENTRAL PARK, NYC - 1974"

KING CRIMSON: "LIVE IN CENTRAL PARK, NYC - 1974"

Post all your reviews here - whether they are album reviews, gig reviews or DVD reviews.

Postby vrooom on Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:57 am

I'm thinking Barry Andrews circa Exposure and LoG albums. His parts were removed from the later remasters (in the case of Exposure) and toned down on LoG. Also, his Pareto Optimum pieces, involving keyboard and Frippertronics, were also dumped from LoG album. All because Barry Andrews and RF fell out big time - I think it might have been over a woman, though don't hold me to that.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:04 pm

Gilesfan wrote:
MALCOLM XERXES wrote:
He played on LTIA II, which MR. EDWIN JOBSON covered on KING CRIMSON: U.S.A.

I have always been uncertain about Jobson's role on USA and in King Crimson in general. Were his parts overdubbed later in the studio? I'll have to re-read about it in Sid Smith's book In The Court Of King Crimson

Why was he needed in the first place? I think if they needed anything overdubbed, certainly David Cross would have done it.

GILESFAN,

I re-read my post, which came across as unintentionally snide, for which I apologise. :oops:
Clearly, when one lays with dogs, one catches fleas, no matter how scrupulously clean one tries to remain.

If you listen to LTIA 2 on U.S.A., the Violin solo is played by MR. EDWIN JOBSON.

I am not convinced that he ever was "needed", so anything I said about the decision to have him record over MR. DAVID CROSS would be pure speculation on my part, & possibly libelous.

All I know is that I really enjoy his work in general, but this album specifically shows off his chops to perfection, since he is playing "live" style Violin, but in a studio setting, with all the attendant pressure that brings, something from which one is normally liberated when playing before an outdoor audience.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

DAZ,

Thanks for the elaboration!

If it was over MS. TERRE ROCHE or MS. SARAH LEE, nothing would surprise me. :twisted: :wink:
MALCOLM XERXES™

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:39 am

MALCOLM XERXES wrote:
I re-read my post, which came across as unintentionally snide, for which I apologise. :oops:

Clearly, when one lays with dogs, one catches fleas, no matter how scrupulously clean one tries to remain

No problem. :wink:

If one's dog's has fleas. :lol: My dog, which is a Black Labrador, has none and seems to have a unique ability of repelling them.

Actually, her heart worm pill that helps this. :D
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Kram on Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:41 pm

[quote="MALCOLM XERXES"]Image

Mazzy (may I call you Mazzy?) your sleepless photo made me realize that you bear a striking resmblance to your avatar!

Maybe you should do that expression (the very same one I make when I awake in the morning and realize that there is no coffee in the abode) and post it for all to see?

MAZ have you heard Eddie Jobsons synclavier (sp.?) album from '85?
Kram

Postby diderot on Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:03 pm

One of the funny things about this recording is the audience noise mixed with the music. It makes you feel in the middle of the audience.

When I'm listening to it in my car, the people talking in the begining (or during) the music looks like someone is talking to me in the back... Very strange and very funny!

Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Sebastian Knight on Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:58 pm

diderot wrote:When I'm listening to it in my car, the people talking in the begining (or during) the music looks like someone is talking to me in the back... Very strange and very funny!

Just wait until you get that copy of Hyde Park. Play that in the car, and it'll sound like your car is being swallowed by a Brontosaurus!

(Great performance, but Worst. Sound. Ever.)
Sebastian Knight

Postby Indyrod on Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:56 am

Sebastian Knight wrote:Just wait until you get that copy of Hyde Park. Play that in the car, and it'll sound like your car is being swallowed by a Brontosaurus!

(Great performance, but Worst. Sound. Ever.)

Evidently, you've never listened to CC11 "Moles Club '81".
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:50 am

Kram wrote:
MALCOLM XERXES wrote:Image

Mazzy (may I call you Mazzy?) your sleepless photo made me realize that you bear a striking resmblance to your avatar!

Maybe you should do that expression (the very same one I make when I awake in the morning and realize that there is no coffee in the abode) and post it for all to see?

KRAM,

Please feel free to call me that, if you like; I think it's a creative contraction of my name.

Thank you for providing 3rd party corroboration of my self-perception! :lol:
I had in fact considered just such a proposition, but rejected it on the basis of being perceived as disingenuous, particularly in light of a particular post wherein I was accused of monopolising this domain for my own ends.

I was not aware that MR. EDWIN JOBSON had recorded a SYNCLAVIER™ album @ that time! :shock:
I must obtain a copy, if it is still in print, for he is my favourite Pianist/Synthesist, as well as my favoured Violinist.
I bemoan the fact that he is not as prolific as MR. RICHARD WAKEMAN, a man whose Talent, Craft & Skill are undeniable, but whose solo compositions when accompanied by other Musicians tend to be rather YANNI-like....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

SEBASTIAN,

Given the limitations of the source material, I am prepared for that possibility.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

INDYROD,

I found that recording to be exemplary of a better quality bootleg, since it made me wish that I had been @ The Event Itself.
I listen to it quite a lot, particularly because of the prototypical SIMMONS™ sound.
MALCOLM XERXES™

Postby Gilesfan on Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:15 am

Kram wrote:
MALCOLM XERXES wrote:Image

You don't mean the album Zinc do you? Didn't he use a Failrlight on that one?

I don't have it, but I heard it. Great drummer named Michael Barisimanto on it.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:10 pm

GILESFAN,

It's been awhile since last I read the credits, but I doubt that FAIRLIGHT CMI™ was used by him on THE GREEN ALBUM.
I thought that he might have explored that instrument with his work on the soundtrack for TRIBECA™. :?:
I will check, however.
MALCOLM XERXES™

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews