free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KING CRIMSON: "LIVE IN CENTRAL PARK, NYC - 1974"

KING CRIMSON: "LIVE IN CENTRAL PARK, NYC - 1974"

Post all your reviews here - whether they are album reviews, gig reviews or DVD reviews.

Not at all Green

Postby penston on Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:43 pm

I think the album y’all are thinking of is Theme of Secrets from 1985. It was entirely composed and played on the Synclavier Music Computer. Out of print, but here’s what it looks like -

http://yclochec2.free.fr/EJthemes.jpg

http://yclochec2.free.fr/EJthemesi.jpg
penston

Postby scorched earth on Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:33 am

I grok all that shit cause I own that cd. Schmoelling too.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:24 am

PENSTON,

Thanks for the intel!

I own it on LP, but have never seen it on CD, since I bought it @ a vinyl liquidation sale that I did not know was such.

I adore it, track for track.
MALCOLM XERXES™

Re: KING CRIMSON: "LIVE IN CENTRAL PARK, NYC - 1974"

Postby CrimsonKing73 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:50 pm

OK, the Central Park 1974 show has widely circulated as a boot, which I own on tape cassette (ANCIENT!)

Fripp claims that "the register on my spine read OUT OF THIS WORLD" on that gig, the last concert on the tour.

My copy on cassette from 1996 sounds Great, so I didn't really see a need to buy the CC version. Fripp takes the microphone, gives a little speech, and then refers to "Starless" as "Starless and Bible Black", actually.

However, there is a definite "mains hum" that creeps into the performance at certain points in certain songs, it sounds like a LOUD DOVE cooing a couple of times.......and Fripp actually thought seriously about canceling the whole show because of this feedback interference....

but.....
luckily for us.....the show happened, was recorded, and is now here available in all of it's glory.....the improv Cerberus completely blows me away. That improv indeed has "three heads" like the mythical Greek creature The Cerberus!

Thank you.
"Liberalism is a mental disorder" -- Michael Savage, PhD
CrimsonKing73
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Previous

Return to Reviews