free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Galaxy Ade Stickmen gig

Galaxy Ade Stickmen gig

Post all your reviews here - whether they are album reviews, gig reviews or DVD reviews.

Galaxy Ade Stickmen gig

Postby jtmack on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:42 am

The Galaxy crowd was a lot larger than Ade's gig a few years back. As with most Crim related gigs it (the crowd) was made up of old men with white beards. Stickmen started at about 8:35 this was the first time I had seen them play what a treat. Pat, Tony and Marcus fill the air with a sound much fuller than a three piece playing live should. It's was interesting at points it drug a bit. I'd love to see them again... There was a fifteen minutes break during this time our food arrived and was consumed.
Ade's band came out with Pat behind the kit with his usual sonic brilliance and he played the first two songs. The third song was Ampersand and DC came out with that wonderful beat and the heads were bobbin (see short clip here). DC played a song or two more before Pat came back out. Pat and Danny were all smiles. The show was really a drum fest Pat and DC played together sometimes beat for beat and other times at each other. I couldn't heard Ade's guitar or voice in the mix as I would have liked about halfway in to ABPT they made the fix, but the sound was muddy. All had a great time... Ade sounded as good as I'd ever heard him. Julie had added a few tricks and seemed to have grown in confidence, her play was great. Marcus was good and did what he could with Fripp's parts and played well. Tony played well and appeared to be having a great time of it for once.

The Crimson tunes seems to have a different vibe to them much more lay back without you know who hiding behind the blue lights. Tony's voice sounded good backing Ade up in Frame by Frame, ET etc. It comes back to monster beatminding with Danny and Pat feeding off each other. Thela was the encore beat monsters over powered Ade's solo see for yourself here... The started at 8:35 and ended about 11:30...
Last edited by jtmack on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Galaxy Ade Stickmen gig

Postby jtmack on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:35 am

:oops: Talking to myself again with Red.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmsAP-LKng
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:29 am

Worst cover band evaaah! :P
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:54 am

vrooom wrote:Worst cover band evaaah! :P

:shock: I hope they do it again soon with Gunn in the line up. :mrgreen:
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Geno on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:40 pm

Might as well hope for Bruford to come back, while you're at it....
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby jtmack on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Geno wrote:Might as well hope for Bruford to come back, while you're at it....

I was hoping for Wetton personally :mrgreen:. You don't think Gunn would do the gig with Ade, Tony, Pat? :mrgreen: As far as the "cover band" thing goes they could write a few tunes and sell the CD's a the shows :wank: Without Fripp there are many possibility's, but being Crimson is not one of them.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Reviews