free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - It Might Get Loud

It Might Get Loud

Post all your reviews here - whether they are album reviews, gig reviews or DVD reviews.

It Might Get Loud

Postby Indyrod on Mon May 03, 2010 7:56 pm

If you get the chance to watch this documentary, with Jimmy Page, Jack White, and The Edge, but all means don't pass it up. It's pretty much a historial romp through the electric guitar from the point of view of those exceptional artists. Some great video clips all through it from all three artists, and a decent jam session at the end on "The Weight", and a couple of Zeppelin songs. Hearing Jimmy Page and The Edge especially talking about their techniques and how they came about is very informative and entertaining. Jack White is also a very interesting musician and his story and inspirations is great stuff. I saw it yesterday on the STARZ cable channel, but it's also available in DVD format. Just listening to them trade stories, is a very entertaining 98 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnS2EGey4xQ
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Re: It Might Get Loud

Postby Fred on Tue May 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Looks very interesting. Hope BBC or a dutch channel will air this on TV. Quit a lot of clips from this documentary on youtube. Also 3 delete scenes. One of the Edge soundchecking his rig, funny to see that all kinds of songs are programmed in his rig.
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Tue May 04, 2010 7:49 pm

That's what I thought was most interesting, was THE EDGE talking about, how many of the guitar sounds people here at concerts, are not even coming from his guitar. And Jimmy Page talking about what prompted him to start using the double neck guitar is also great stuff, along with his childhoold and what got him into music. Jack White talking about his main early influence being "Son House", and his favorite song of all time being Son House's "Grinnin In Your Face" is something pretty eye opening, at least to me. Mainly, because I had never heard of Son House. Three extaordinary musicians to say the least.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Gilesfan on Mon May 17, 2010 2:06 am

I saw it the day it came out here and I was given the DVD as a birthday present. I have to watch the DVD as it has outtakes. It is a really great film. Fripp ought to do something similar. Maybe with G3.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Reviews