free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Short Comments on non-Crimson related shows

Short Comments on non-Crimson related shows

Post all your reviews here - whether they are album reviews, gig reviews or DVD reviews.

Short Comments on non-Crimson related shows

Postby jtmack on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Hello all, I'd like to start a tread that allows short comments on non-Crimson related artist.

Since the seventies I been scalping the scalpers. First, find a show you want to see that didn't sell out. Second, go to Craigslist the day of the show and watch them (scalpers) sweat.

Anyway I did this to see Joe Cocker with Edger Winters last night. 20 dollars to see a 70 dollars show :D Joe played all he hits and seemed to stroll past a-lot of vocal parts with the help of his back up singers. Enjoyed the show anyhow..... Edger Winters was fun once you get past the discombobulated solos.. :mrgreen:
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Todd has personality and I like his personality

Postby jtmack on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Todd was god at least for one night at the Nokia Club LA. TR’s music is still alive and TR doesn’t do pop oldies “ I’m doing only one song you came to hear and it’s not the one you wanted to hear it’s the other one, it’s just the way we roll”. His band was a great fit for TR’s music and personality with solid playing from the band. His Drummer (ex tube’s drummer Prairie Prince) was rock solid a real power house and except for one point where he lost his meter, hey one bad beat stops my swaying and disorients me. His guitarist (Tony Levin’s guitarist Jesse Gress) is the first hired guitarist I’ve heard who wasn’t a cookie cutter and played freely with personality and style. Most hired guitarists play confined and show little personality or originality, anyone of which could have replaced the other. Must be the way TR rolls and Jesse plays. Summed up in a word Todd has personality and I like his personality. By the way it’s Todd’s 61st birthday today, Happy birthday Todd!
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Short Comments on non-Crimson related shows

Postby jtmack on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:46 pm

I went to see yES and Asia last night. Asia was as good as can be expected with the limited material they have to work with. JW looked like he’s lost a bunch of weight (thank goodness). He didn’t seem to have as much fire in his belly as last time. I guess being the warm up band dose that to some people…
yES was a real disappointment, of course Howe was great he is one heck of a guitarist. The tribute singer hit all the right notes and sounded like Jon Anderson lite. When people sing it comes from their essence like all great musicians. You can feel the difference. It was like a karaoke singer had yES backing them up…I would’ve rather seen Jon Anderson with the California guitar trio plus Tony doing Yes’s songs. They were really good at NAMM… Now for the good news I found one hell of a hook up for tickets at the HOB OC and only paid less than half price for a sold out show.. I have a feeling I’m going to attend lot of shows out there. Disneyland anyone! :D
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Reviews