free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - recent spins...

recent spins...

Tell us what you are listening to at the moment. What are the albums in heavy rotation on your system?

recent spins...

Postby bongo on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:50 am

right now, i have been heavily into the dvd scene, more than the cd scene really.

recent purchases:

king crimson- eyes wide open. (yes, i had it before, but it left my house never to return. oh well. )

eraserhead- david lynch film, jack nance. (an all time favorite movie! i am glad to be a proud owner of it!)

king crimson- vroom (recent cd purchase, getting repeat performances).

frank zappa- baby snakes. (been on my hitlist for some time, and i finally bought it. should arrive next week. i cant wait to see adrian back then!)

edward scissorhands- (i had this movie before, but i found it in widescreen for only $4 at a pawn shop!)
"get along little doggy."
bongo
ProjeKction Champion

Re: recent spins...

Postby Dog_none on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:28 pm

bongo wrote:king crimson- eyes wide open. (yes, i had it before, but it left my house never to return. oh well. )

I've found King Crimson items are less likely to be returned when I loan them out than most other bands...
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Riverman on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:26 pm

I've had the opposite experience. The only ones I can remember loaning out (multiple times each) were Discipline and Cirkus. More than once the response was "too weird, and I was freaked out by the elephant noises."
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby UnderTheShelteringSky on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:55 am

I've never loaned out a King Crimson cd, but I have burned a copy for a friend before. The response was 'Hella awesome!' The cd was Discipline, and he was really into the Talking Heads, so I thought I'd turn him on to 80's Crim.

I hope I inspired him to check out more of their work. Haven't heard from him in a while, though.
UnderTheShelteringSky
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Fred on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:58 am

UnderTheShelteringSky wrote:I hope I inspired him to check out more of their work. Haven't heard from him in a while, though.

Maybe he is in a mental institution now :wink:
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby UnderTheShelteringSky on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 am

Fred wrote:
UnderTheShelteringSky wrote:I hope I inspired him to check out more of their work. Haven't heard from him in a while, though.

Maybe he is in a mental institution now :wink:

No, he changed colleges and moved 1,000 miles away, and I hear from him every once in a while on Facebook. :lol:
UnderTheShelteringSky
ProjeKction Fan

Postby ghostjoshu on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 am

Someone once walked into my house and caught me watching 'The Neal and Jack and Me' DVD and watched for a few minutes before announcing "this isn't music". The song in question was Elephant Talk and when asked 'why not?', this person said there is no melody in it. This same person sited Tool as their favourite band. Oh well....................
Fire
Walk with me
ghostjoshu
ProjeKction Savant

Postby UnderTheShelteringSky on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:09 am

ghostjoshu wrote:Someone once walked into my house and caught me watching 'The Neal and Jack and Me' DVD and watched for a few minutes before announcing "this isn't music". The song in question was Elephant Talk and when asked 'why not?', this person said there is no melody in it. This same person sited Tool as their favourite band. Oh well....................

I had a similar experience, with a girl whose favorite band was Tool. I said, "Hey, if you like Tool, you should check out King Crimson. They influenced Tool." So she listened to the beginning of the Thrak album, with a bemused expression on her face, and quickly handed me back the CD, saying she didn't want it. :?
UnderTheShelteringSky
ProjeKction Fan

Postby emersonlevinpalmer on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:27 am

i got lucky, the one chick tha i showed crimson too...happened to be a proficient sax player. She loves muse and the beatles, but now she is totally hooked on crimson. I chose wisely tho, i deflowered her with Omar Rodriguez-Lopez latest offering (which by the way is a different kind of magic) and said if u can battle thru that youll love discipline. She ate Discipline in two minutes and i said thank christ now ur ready for "court of.., Red and Lizard"! She cannot get enuff!
emersonlevinpalmer
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Fred on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 am

emersonlevinpalmer wrote:i got lucky, the one chick tha i showed crimson too...happened to be a proficient sax player. She loves muse and the beatles, but now she is totally hooked on crimson. I chose wisely tho, i deflowered her with Omar Rodriguez-Lopez latest offering (which by the way is a different kind of magic) and said if u can battle thru that youll love discipline. She ate Discipline in two minutes and i said thank christ now ur ready for "court of.., Red and Lizard"! She cannot get enuff!

When you gonna ask hear to marry you :?: :wink:
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to The Listening Post