free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - O.T. Sigur Rós new releases in 2007/2008

O.T. Sigur Rós new releases in 2007/2008

Tell us what you are listening to at the moment. What are the albums in heavy rotation on your system?

O.T. Sigur Rós new releases in 2007/2008

Postby Fred on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:35 am

One of the better "prog" bands will have some nice releases this- and early next year :D

new releases in 2007/2008
21 April 2007

sigur rós have been keeping busy over the past few months with several new projects to be released later this year. preliminary details of upcoming sigur rós releases are as follows:

- hlemmur DVD+CD. eta - july 2007.
the 2002 film and soundtrack together in a double release package
- new EP. eta - august 2007.
tracks: von (new version), salka, lagið í gær, rokklagið. includes new live video as a bonus.
- live DVD. eta - october 2007.
sigur rós on the road: the as yet untitled DVD of last summer’s iceland tour
- acoustic LP. eta - october 2007.
full-length album of acoustic songs
- odin’s raven magic DVD+CD. eta - january 2008.
the complete orchestral piece odin’s raven magic in concert

more details on each release will follow in due course.

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: O.T. Sigur Rós new releases in 2007/2008

Postby Riverman on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:16 pm

- acoustic LP. eta - october 2007.
full-length album of acoustic songs

Now this really looks interesting. I wonder if they mean new material or reworkings of previous stuff.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Bjork's got a new album in May...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Absolutely super news about the releases coming from Sigur Rós this year. After seeing them in concert last year, they made me more of a fan than I was previously, even though I've always enjoyed them.

As far as Bjork, I do not own anything from her, and after seeing her on SNL this past week, I don't see that changing.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Fred on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:53 pm

vrooom wrote:Bjork's got a new album in May...

Darren

I'm curious for the new album, i like the first single from the album very much. Beautiful cliplike you can expect from Bjork.
A dutch blog site showed two clips from SNL show and i must agree with Indy that it was not very inpressive. I've seen hear live once durring the tour to promote hear first solo album and that was just great. Sometimes she is a bit like Sylvian.....just doing what see realy like and don't making concession to what people want to hear.

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:49 pm

Indyrod wrote:As far as Bjork, I do not own anything from her, and after seeing her on SNL this past week, I don't see that changing.

Well you are making a mistake there. Granted, her last album was a bit off, but at least try her Greatest Hits package. She is one of those unique talents out there, but I understand how some folks don't "get her".

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:34 am

I'm very curious how a accoustic version for example this song will work out.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/okLCurB1lJw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/okLCurB1lJw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Sigur Ros to release concert movie
They tell NME.COM there's a 'new' album as well
30.Jul.07 11:48am
Sigur Ros are to release a concert film shot in their native Iceland last summer.

'Heima', out on November 5, was filmed in various locations, and features some of the band's biggest and smallest shows of their career.

Drummer Orri Páll Dýrason told NME.COM: "It was good to film it in our home country, sometimes we were playing these big show and then we were playing in those really small fields, which was beautiful.

"It was fun doing those, shows, especially in front of our friends. Really nice."

A trailer for the film can be seen here(windows) or here(quick time).

On the same day a compilation album, titled 'Hvarf-Heim', will also be released. Split into two sections, the first, 'Hvarf', features three unreleased tracks from the band's works, and a fourth, 'Von', which is a radically reworked track from the band's first album.

Dýrason said: "We are having a clear out, really! One of the songs even dates back to 1994!

"We picked the ones we really like. It's not like a normal album. There are a lot of good songs on there, but they didn't fit when it came to putting the albums together."

The tracklisting is:

'Salka'
'Hljomalind'
'I Gaer'
'Von'

'Heim' is made up of six acoustic versions of songs taken from Sigur Ros' four studio albums to date.

The tracklisting is:

'Samskeyti'
'Staralfur'
'Vaka'
'Agaetis Byrjun'
'Heysatan'
'Von'

Trailer can be watch also below :P

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZYIfUdIyfs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZYIfUdIyfs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seems there is also a girls version of Sigur Ros or the are involved or something.....sounds great.

http://www.myspace.com/amiina

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:22 am

SIGUR RÓS:
The Sigur Rós website seems to have disappeared in preparation for a new album make-over, however, to keep you happy in the meantime there is a great outtake from the Heima DVDavailable for download.

Fred
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:02 am

Order your tickets or your version of the new Sigur Ross album overhere http://www.sigurros.com/main/streaming.asp
Also you can listen to the complete album online and i must say it's beautiful.....again exept the album cover :mrgreen:

Fred
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to The Listening Post