free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Remasters

Remasters

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Postby vrooom on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:10 am

Do it. I made a small fortune selling both CDs. :D

I love eBay. And the music biz is so predictable. Sell your stuff for a profit because there's always a better version coming around that corner. ;-)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Mark on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:44 am

Hmm. There's already one on ebay for about $11/£6. I think I'll see how that one ends before listing mine.
Mark
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby diderot on Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:31 pm

I've found mine on Ebay, from a French guy, but I'm still waiting... It's hard to live in the corner of the world. :roll:
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Riverman wrote:Meanwhile, on the subject at DGM..

Our buddy Sid wrote:There's been a couple of queries on the guestbook about the availability of I Advanced Masked by Andy Summers and Robert Fripp. We can confirm that this album is scheduled to be remastered and released later this year on Panegyric. There are no more details for now but as soon as any become available I'll post it up here.

No mention of Bewitched.

It's about fripping time! I have both on vinyl and bought Bewitched on CD (mainly because my vinyl copy was defective) but could never get IAM. IAM is ten times the album Bewitched is (with the exception of "Train" which may be the best track out of all). When IAM finally becomes available, I think I'll burn my own Best of Summers & Fripp disc.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby The Crimson Fox on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:21 am

I agree that I Advance Masked is alot better album than Bewitched. IAM is a much more focused album and does show some crimson moments. However, Bewitched is self indulgent ambient noodling most of the time.

I just don't feel Fripp's presence on Bewitched very much.

Got them both on CD and wouldnt really be interested in the remastered versions. The sound quality on the AMP+ editions is quite excellent IMO.
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby diderot on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:25 am

The Crimson Fox wrote:... IAM is a much more focused album and does show some crimson moments.

I haven't listened to it recently but I remember some ideas that got developed in Beat.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby RYG on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:19 pm

I did a search and saw that this is the place where the last discussion of the Genesis re-master/DVD sets were discussed so I'll mention it here. Just picked up the "Trick of the Tail" remasted/DVD set (got it real cheap) and it's a very well-done package. The real treat of the package though is the 1976 concert footage where we have a great "Bill Bruford in Jamie Muir mode" view. After seeing this concert footage there is NO DOUBT to the degree with which he was influanced by Jamie. I thought it was funny too that Bill was still sporting the "B" overalls that he wore with Crimson.

I can't wait for the early albums to make their debut in this same format.

As to Crimson doing something like this, call me a heretic (and I know you will), but I hope that Fripp is thinking along these same lines if, no, WHEN the re-re-re-issues Crimson's 40th anniversary albums hit the stores/internet, I really hope that they go with a similar type of deal (5.1 and DVD set). We all know there's plenty of concert footage out there, we've just got to see what they do with it. This sounds like a really good option to me though.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:22 pm

no offense RYC, but that's crazy. There's NO way I'm buying anymore releases of the same albums I have of KC.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:09 pm

The Genesis remasters are something else because of the amount of extra stuff you get on each DVD disc, plus the 5.1 remixes are stupendous with those mid-period albums. Not sure if KC's music would actually benefit from a 5.1 remix. Perhaps a couple of tracks would work such as LTiA I and TPTB II or the Sheltering Sky, but a whole album with 5.1 surround, nah.

As for more reissues, the last lot were pretty decent compared to those "Definitive Editions" which weren't, if you know what I mean. But of course, being a drooling fanboy, if RF dangled the golden carrot close enough to my nose, I'd probably do anything with reason (except buggery, of course).

Darren

PS. Who else thinks that the new artwork for the split Great Deciever release is a bit crappy compared to the original deluxe package from the early 1990s. I like PJ Crook's work, but when you compare it to the stuff the Bill Smith studio came up with, you can see the limitations somewhat.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MiKcrobe on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:07 pm

I recently got the 40th Anniv. edition of PF's Piper At The Gates of Dawn. It's a beautiful package and the clarity of the sound is simply incredible.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

PreviousNext

Return to Polls