free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Remasters

Remasters

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Postby RYG on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:29 pm

Got the Pipers set too. Very nice, indeed. The third disk of singles, rarities, etc. is very nice as well.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Indyrod on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:53 pm

I'm having a hard time justifying 30+ dollars for that 3-disc Deluxe Pipers set, with two discs of the same music (I know, one mono and one stereo). I love the music, but my 1990 release sounds pretty damn good.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby RYG on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Yea, the price was a bit high (I actually got mine for $27) but as good as the '90's version sounds this one is better. The third disk is what tipped the scales toward be buying it though.

Another new re-master that is out recently is the Soft Machine's "Third" album. It's now a 2-disk set with the second one having live material. It's at amazon for $13.98. I haven't bought it yet but it's on my list. I don't have this album in any form so I can only go by other people's reviews but they are saying the sound quality is far superior on this new release.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Previous

Return to Polls