free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

21st Century Schizoid Man (including "Mirrors"
56%
I Talk to the Wind
12%
Epitaph (including "March for No Reason" and "Tomorrow and Tomorrow"
12%
Moonchild (including "The Dream" and "The Illusion"
No votes
The Court of the Crimson King (including "The Return of the Fire Witch" and "The Dance of the Puppets"
18%

Total votes : 16

Re: Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

Postby jtmack on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Krimzep wrote:
jtmack wrote:
In Court of the Crimson King gets a lot of air time (hell Coast AM uses it for bumper music) I think it's dated and I still like it....

King Crimson getting airplay! you wont hear Kc from any era in my neck of the woods at all. Court is also a Fav Kc tune.

Coast to Coast AM is a talk show one of the hosts uses it as bumper music. I've heard the same host (John B. Wells) play tunes from Giles-Giles-Fripp before.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:31 am

Indyrod wrote:I'll be frank (really me), and say I have never been a big fan of 21st CSM, which I know is like a religious thing with most Crimheads. Compared to the other material, especially "Epitaph" and my own choice, it's still fun and I enjoy it, but it's certainly never been a favorite of mine, from that album. The one exception is the live performance on "Earthbound", which definitely kicks major league ass.

21st CSM was the first song I listened from them, so it's special to me...

"I Talk to the Wind" and "Epitaph" are fighting for second place.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:11 am

Indyrod wrote:The one exception is the live performance on "Earthbound", which definitely kicks major league ass.

Can I get a "HELL YEAH?!!!!"

The first Crim song I ever heard was Schizoid Man (the studio version of course), on late night radio, for a year or two before I bought anything by them. The Earthbound version was like a twisted reward I got a few years later once I got deep into the catalog.
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Indyrod on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:52 am

you gonna go all through the catalog jt? least it gives us something to talk about. :wink:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:20 am

Indyrod wrote:you gonna go all through the catalog jt? least it gives us something to talk about. :wink:

That's my plan. Hopefully someone else comes up with some more creative polls like Diderot did in between...
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:59 am

jtmack wrote:
Indyrod wrote:you gonna go all through the catalog jt? least it gives us something to talk about. :wink:

That's my plan. Hopefully someone else comes up with some more creative polls like Diderot did in between...

sounds like a challenge... :|

Indyrod

Postby jtmack on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:42 am

21 first CSM started a sound a tone which is now the standard for heavy metal and 21 first CSM is notable for that alone. Being It's Fripp's tone means Fripp is the father of heavy metal. At least as far as I know. Come on guys you know this can't be true I hope.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:07 pm

ITCOTCK released around the same time as Zeppelin's first album. For me Jimmy Page is the Guitarist of choice. If you want to talk about Guitar tone listen to the first note of the solo for How many More Times. That note caused me to become addicted to Led Zeppelin's music especially their live performances.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:23 pm

jtmack wrote:21 first CSM started a sound a tone which is now the standard for heavy metal and 21 first CSM is notable for that alone. Being It's Fripp's tone means Fripp is the father of heavy metal. At least as far as I know. Come on guys you know this can't be true I hope.

this is a subject for another Poll, but I'll take a little bit of an issue with designating Fripp as the father of heavy metal. everyone might have their own choice, but the majority of fans believe, as do I, that Black Sabbath as a band is the father of heavy metal, and Tony Iommi would be my choice for that throne.

Indyrod

Postby jtmack on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Indyrod wrote:
jtmack wrote:21 first CSM started a sound a tone which is now the standard for heavy metal and 21 first CSM is notable for that alone. Being It's Fripp's tone means Fripp is the father of heavy metal. At least as far as I know. Come on guys you know this can't be true I hope.

this is a subject for another Poll, but I'll take a little bit of an issue with designating Fripp as the father of heavy metal. everyone might have their own choice, but the majority of fans believe, as do I, that Black Sabbath as a band is the father of heavy metal, and Tony Iommi would be my choice for that throne.

Maybe we could use this as the subject for anther poll. I think it would be who's album came out first using that tone.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Polls