free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

21st Century Schizoid Man (including "Mirrors"
56%
I Talk to the Wind
12%
Epitaph (including "March for No Reason" and "Tomorrow and Tomorrow"
12%
Moonchild (including "The Dream" and "The Illusion"
No votes
The Court of the Crimson King (including "The Return of the Fire Witch" and "The Dance of the Puppets"
18%

Total votes : 16

Re: Favorite song from Court of the Crimson King

Postby Geno on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:42 pm

I like the ballads. I enjoy the big epics if I'm in a mood to overlook the bombast. I mostly appreciate the extended improv for its interplay and adventurousness. But for the ultimate early-Crimson piece that's got it all in one monster package, complexity and viscerality and beauty and terror and power, it's "Schizoid Man" all the way.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:05 am

Geno wrote:I like the ballads. I enjoy the big epics if I'm in a mood to overlook the bombast. I mostly appreciate the extended improv for its interplay and adventurousness. But for the ultimate early-Crimson piece that's got it all in one monster package, complexity and viscerality and beauty and terror and power, it's "Schizoid Man" all the way.

This is how I feel as well, but I ended up choosing the title track ITCOTCK. And the title track In The Wake of Poseidon is a great sequel.
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Indyrod on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Indyrod wrote:
jtmack wrote:
Maybe we could use this as the subject for anther poll. I think it would be who's album came out first using that tone.

not exactly sure what you mean by tone, Black Sabbath had their own tone and everything else. POINT!!!

yep, still thinking about this Joey. :? one possible point you might be making all along, or, it's a different take on tone. Heavy Metal, definitely has an aggressive tone, which helps give it the heaviness. it attacks almost everything LOUDLY, especially the ears and senses. KC with 21stCSM, fits that for sure. so from that perspective, but from probably a different direction, Heavy Metal has a tone, however you want to define it. whew, that's enuff' on that TONE. :roll:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Indyrod wrote:
Indyrod wrote:
jtmack wrote:
Maybe we could use this as the subject for anther poll. I think it would be who's album came out first using that tone.

not exactly sure what you mean by tone, Black Sabbath had their own tone and everything else. POINT!!!

yep, still thinking about this Joey. :? one possible point you might be making all along, or, it's a different take on tone. Heavy Metal, definitely has an aggressive tone, which helps give it the heaviness. it attacks almost everything LOUDLY, especially the ears and senses. KC with 21stCSM, fits that for sure. so from that perspective, but from probably a different direction, Heavy Metal has a tone, however you want to define it. whew, that's enuff' on that TONE. :roll:

It's a guitar affect box from there it's (the music) the sum of it's parts the fuzz box tone being the key part....
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Ironclaw on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:05 am

This was a difficult choice for me. I like everything on the first album. Usually I would have responded with "21st", but at present it's "Epitaph". Both songs are perfectly appropriate for the world of our times in which maniac war-mongers are still a plague.
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Previous

Return to Polls