free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Which album would you like Crim to cover?

Which album would you like Crim to cover?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Which album do you like better?

Starless and Bible Black
16%
Red
33%
The Power to Believe
50%

Total votes : 12

Which album would you like Crim to cover?

Postby jtmack on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:55 am

There was a three way tie which one would like to hear covered by KC?
I'm going with Starless and Bible Black.. The sound is lighter than other work of that era (IMO). Which leaves room for three skin bashers to bash way...
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Which album would you like Crim to cover?

Postby Geno on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:50 pm

If we're talking the upcoming Crimson? TPtB all the way. Its tracks haven't been played-in nearly as much, and it would take a pretty radical reworking to be adapted to this instrumental lineup. Just imagine the triple-drum line taking over "Dangerous Curves," Mel blowing his head off on "Level Five," maybe a Power Circle improv with 'scapes and sax? "Eyes Wide Open" would also be a great tune for Jakko. Oh yeah....... I can almost picture it now.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Indyrod on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 pm

pretty much agree with what Geno said, so TPTB would be awesome for me. it's also my favorite album of the three listed.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Indyrod wrote:pretty much agree with what Geno said, so TPTB would be awesome for me. it's also my favorite album of the three listed.

I thought :? (I should know better by now) Red would've been your (Indy) pick...
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 pm

jtmack wrote:
Indyrod wrote:pretty much agree with what Geno said, so TPTB would be awesome for me. it's also my favorite album of the three listed.

I thought :? (I should know better by now) Red would've been your (Indy) pick...

saving that for the encore. you should have known that too. not the song, Red the album is not a big fav of mine, except for obviously "Starless". 8)

Indyrod

Postby thetoc on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:08 pm

I love TPTB, but I voted for Red, because I think that the whole album (except Providence) deserves to be played live. With Mel Collins and three beatmen "One More Red Nightmare" and "Starless" could be killers. "Fallen Angel" could receive a nice arrangement too.

But actually I don't think that Fripp should choose albums to cover, but selected tunes to cover. Yeah TPTB would be nice, but I can't imagine Jakko Playing "EleKtriK" or "Facts Of Life". Now "Eyes Wide Open", "The Power To Believe II" and "Dangerous Curves, yes, with these I think that the new Crim could fly away.
thetoc
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Ironclaw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:40 am

None of the above.

King Crimson is a muse which takes physical form when there is new music which wants to be heard.

King Crimson will probably reanimate some older matter as well. In that case the oscillation may occur within the following "bandwidth" ITCOTKCITWOPLIZARDISLANDS
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Indyrod on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:51 am

Ironclaw wrote:None of the above.

King Crimson is a muse which takes physical form when there is new music which wants to be heard.

King Crimson will probably reanimate some older matter as well. In that case the oscillation may occur within the following "bandwidth" ITCOTKCITWOPLIZARDISLANDS

that might be all true, but it wasn't the question. it was a "what if", come on, play along, it amuses some of us. :mrgreen:

Indyrod

Postby jtmack on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 am

Ironclaw wrote:None of the above.

I think Mr Grumpy pants said there would not be a new record and they were covering their catalog. Granted three drummers is definitely a game changer, one I have my reservations about. We have no chose but to trust Fripp's ideas and hope for the best. For his (Fripp) part he's been right so far. Crimson hasn't done anything new since Ade's dismissal or since T-Gunn's exit ether.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Ironclaw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 am

Indyrod:
My screen has been displaying the results for a while. So, I must have already voted. I think I misunderstood the point of the question and voted on the simple Q of which is my favorite album of those 3.

jtmack:
Hmm. If Fripp said that, then I would hope that perhaps new music might still materialize through the medium of improvisation.
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Return to Polls