free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Favorite pairing of KC albums?

Favorite pairing of KC albums?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Favorite pairing of albums?

In The Court, In The Wake, Lizard
11%
Larks', Starless, Red
72%
Discipline, Beat, 3OAPP
5%
THRAK, Construkction, Power To Believe
11%

Total votes : 18

Re: Favorite pairing of KC albums?

Postby steven on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 am

Geno wrote:
EruditeMan wrote:Is In The Wake of Poseidon generally disliked around here?

I wouldn't say dislike, but I'm generaly lukewarm on it in the same way I'm lukewarm on ITCotCK. Symphonic mellotron prog just doesn't do much for me. (Not that I don't enjoy the other parts.)

steven wrote:#1 if it would have had "Islands" instead of "Lizard."

Ermmmm. I think the OP was right - the first three albums aren't exactly a matched set, but it makes sense to group them together. Islands is different enough that it doesn't belong paired with anything. (I like it more than any of its predecessors, definitely more than Lizard, but wouldn't make that substitution in the poll.)

Where the poll is concerned I'm with the majority here. I'd say I love the Larks' group and the 80s group about equally (it's really an apples-oranges thing anyway), but the 80s trilogy was uneven in spots, so Larks' gets the edge here. Those albums are all top-notch and solid with barely a weak spot among them.

For me, "Lizard" is the outsider, but that's just me. Symphonic mellotron prog is some of my favorite stuff as well. Actually, anything with a mellotron in it is fine with me. Terje Rypdal comes to mind.....
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby rickphilpott on Tue May 07, 2013 9:42 pm

just done listenin to some Shaggs, God i love them crazy bitches with all my heart, i never heard of them till a couple of days ago, now Syd Barrett and Beefheart don't seem so relevant, hopefully this feeling will subside, anyway i gotta go with the LTIA grouping due to it's historical importance, a hundred years from now LTIA and Red are gonna be biggies
<=> )|(
rickphilpott
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby rickphilpott on Tue May 28, 2013 8:24 pm

i can't imagine any band ever being able to best Fripp, Cross, Wetton and Bruford and that includes any of Zappas lineups, this is the first time i have made this statement, the sum is more than the parts has never been more appropriate
<=> )|(
rickphilpott
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Indyrod on Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 am

rickphilpott wrote:i can't imagine any band ever being able to best Fripp, Cross, Wetton and Bruford and that includes any of Zappas lineups, this is the first time i have made this statement, the sum is more than the parts has never been more appropriate

Ditto :wank:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Previous

Return to Polls