free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Can Markus Reuter Fill Fripps shoes as the next Guitarist for King Crimson

yes
13%
no
20%
Nobody can fill Fripps shoes
46%
Who Cares Kc is dead
20%

Total votes : 15

Re: Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

Postby vrooom on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:32 pm

jtmack wrote:I don't think Uncle grumpy pants himself couldn't fill his own shoes who could! Although I'd would love to see Markus try. Darren :o :? 8) :lol: ?

You would because you are one of the braying US fans who are clinging onto the past. Cling on, my friend, cling on. I find it all rather dull.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:25 pm

vrooom wrote:Fuck off...

Jeez, Darren, not lonely enough here for ya? :P

P.S.: Crimson will die with Fripp. Hell, isn't it dead already?
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby jtmack on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:44 am

vrooom wrote:
jtmack wrote:I don't think Uncle grumpy pants himself couldn't fill his own shoes who could! Although I'd would love to see Markus try. Darren :o :? 8) :lol: ?

You would because you are one of the braying US fans who are clinging onto the past. Cling on, my friend, cling on. I find it all rather dull.

If you put it that way maybe. I go see Crim alumni because they are great players and the places they play are so accessible. No I wouldn't see YES or PG, with PG it's mostly accessibly issues. YES it's all the stuff you said about about "the new Crim". Whatever :roll:
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:
vrooom wrote:Fuck off...

Jeez, Darren, not lonely enough here for ya? :P

I very rarely come here, so your barbs are misguided. LOL!
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby vrooom on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 am

jtmack wrote:If you put it that way maybe. I go see Crim alumni because they are great players and the places they play are so accessible. No I wouldn't see YES or PG, with PG it's mostly accessibly issues. YES it's all the stuff you said about about "the new Crim". Whatever :roll:

You carry on. Don't let miserable old me spoil your fun. :)
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Geno on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Voted No. Nobody's ever filled anybody else's shoes when a new Crimson formed (except maybe in the earliest days), so why would they start now? Markus impressed me on the 2PT tour precisely because he didn't try to sound like Robert. He filled in those parts in the songs his own way.

I'm with Darren for the most part:

it was a preposterous question

Even if Fripp gave it his seal of approval, it still won't be King Crimson and only the inane would accept it so.

I don't want a Fripp-a-like. Why would anyone?

Well said. I'm still enjoying any new explorations by the Belew trio or Stick Men, it'd probably be good or even great if the combined sextet started doing new music instead of looking backwards, but it wouldn't be King Crimson. And shouldn't.

Bringing up Yes only underscores why KC was right to never take that road. There's a zombie that should have admitted it was dead decades ago.

vrooom wrote:The Stick Men were here recently. Did I go? Did I fuck. I stayed at home

This, on the other hand, was a mistake. This group has really been coming into its own and not just covering the same old ground. I'd rate them as the best bearers of the Crim standard these days, even if it's only by default because KTU is barely a step above comatose.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby vrooom on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Geno wrote:
vrooom wrote:The Stick Men were here recently. Did I go? Did I fuck. I stayed at home

This, on the other hand, was a mistake. This group has really been coming into its own and not just covering the same old ground. I'd rate them as the best bearers of the Crim standard these days, even if it's only by default because KTU is barely a step above comatose.

Sorry, I'd rather stick red hot pins in my eyes than listen to that hokum - the same goes for Belew & Co. It's the same old, same old. In the last decade there's been no progression. TU and KTU were the only interesting off-shoot from KC for me and that's no more. It pains me to say it, but the best days have gone. The "true fans" hold on in desperation and that's fine. But it would be nice if you guys woke up and were honest with yourselves instead of living in a perfumed cloud of self-delusion.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Geno wrote:Bringing up Yes only underscores why KC was right to never take that road. There's a zombie that should have admitted it was dead decades ago.

wasnt comparing the bands I was comparing the situation which is where someone leaves and someone else tries to fill their shoes.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Geno on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Krimzep wrote:I was comparing the situation which is where someone leaves and someone else tries to fill their shoes.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. New Yes members tried to fill the old ones' spots. Fine for them, but it's part of the reason they got so stale. OtOH, the new Crims tried to find their own new spots and not repeat what the older ones had done, which was the right way to go.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby diderot on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:28 pm

During last South America tour on May I talked to Markus Reuter about a Fripp-less Crimson and he thinks it's possible, but it depends first on Fripp and them the other band members. For what I know from him, Markus likes to play that music, but he isn't stuck in the past or Crimson fame. He's always trying new things and always will.

When I read the poll title I must say I was divided, but after reading all comments I agree King Crimson is over (dead is too strong!). My thoughts about it:
- I'd love to them doing new music, but I can't think of Fripp joining the band for new material. What to say about touring?
- Even if the former Crimson members continue doing music, it should be under a new brand/band
- Stick Men has found their way, each time less Crimson (the fans ask) more ProjeKCt oriented, improvising more and more and they could join Adrian Belew Power Trio, but after "e" I haven't seen/listened to new material from Belew

I couldn't see the band in full force, but it was great to see them live in 2008 (thanks to ProjeKCtion fellows), even for a best hits tour! See the Two of a Perfect Trio tour last year, now renamed as Crimson ProjeKCt, was great too, but it's time to move on!
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Polls