free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Can Markus Reuter Fill Fripps shoes as the next Guitarist for King Crimson

yes
13%
no
20%
Nobody can fill Fripps shoes
46%
Who Cares Kc is dead
20%

Total votes : 15

Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

Postby Krimzep on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 pm

I have been listening to Markus with the Stickmen, P@'s TU and some solo stuff and I have to say that Markus sounds very much like Fripp although a bit warmer. Somehow He combines Fripps sound with Trey Gunns imagination and flexability to create a true "Frippian" experience. If you close your eyes you could swear its Fripp playing the guitar.

Could Markus be the one to continue King Crimsons legacy as a recording and touring band? I hope so, Hopefully there will be a "Blessing of Miracles" and a new King Crimson will continue to Challange the music world
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Markus Reuter and The New King Crimson

Postby vrooom on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Fuck off...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

vrooom wrote:Fuck off...

Gee darren you dont need to be an asshole about it. Are you trying to pick a fight? I dont find it at all ammusing or necessary coming from the web host.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Sorry, it was a preposterous question so I gave it all the respect it deserved.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 pm

vrooom wrote:Sorry, it was a preposterous question so I gave it all the respect it deserved.

Totally lame darren

Imagine a person trying to generate some actuall Kc discussion in a Kc forum! what was I thinking?!!!
Christ! the only new posts here are in indies new purcheses or the daily setlist.

we all know that the last so called Kc album/projekct sucked balls so "If" there is to be another incarnation of KC it will undoubtedly be without Fripp. you know it , I know it everybody knows it!.

I hope Markus does join ade tony and pat just to make you sick.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Ummm... Why would it make me sick? I couldn't give a fig if these people play together. It won't be King Crimson, so I won't waste my time and money on it. :) Even if Fripp gave it his seal of approval, it still won't be King Crimson and only the inane would accept it so.

It's bad enough with all these tribute bands doing the rounds. It's all rather tired and all rather dull. Ex-KC alumni just relying on their former glories and playing to a load of braying desperate fans, again clinging to the past.

Let's face it. The time has passed. The sun goes down on the Court of the Crimson King. Everything has a beginning and an end. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a natural process.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I don't think Uncle grumpy pants himself couldn't fill his own shoes who could! Although I'd would love to see Markus try. Darren :o :? 8) :lol: ?
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 pm

vrooom wrote:Ummm... Why would it make me sick? I couldn't give a fig if these people play together. It won't be King Crimson, so I won't waste my time and money on it. :) Even if Fripp gave it his seal of approval, it still won't be King Crimson and only the inane would accept it so.

It's bad enough with all these tribute bands doing the rounds. It's all rather tired and all rather dull. Ex-KC alumni just relying on their former glories and playing to a load of braying desperate fans, again clinging to the past.

Let's face it. The time has passed. The sun goes down on the Court of the Crimson King. Everything has a beginning and an end. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a natural process.

C'mon Man!! with all the people who came and went in Kc you really feel its not the same without Fripp?

just like YES isnt the same same with the boring alan white!, or the guy who replaced Jon recently but they still put out plenty of music under that name and most of the fans love it. alan can keep a beat but in YES it was Bills timing that made the music so great. Markus may not be fripp in that he didnt start Kc be he can play! and his guitar sounds a lot like Fripps so I can make the leap.

why would it be so wrong for members of the band who have been there for over 20 years to carry on the name and ideals of KC?

I could see your disdain if a bunch of nobodies joined the band last week and started touring a King Crimson but since its still 3 of the oldest and longest in terms of bieng band members i dont see anything wrong with them carrying on the Kc legacy.

Basically if you feel the question has no merit and deserves no discussion then you might be worried that Kc just may be able to maintain a following without you. what a shame! :P
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:19 pm

I could post a track from a recent Stickmen show that illustrates my point. The band has given permission to post this music on the web so I dont think you need to be worried about it.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Krimzep wrote:C'mon Man!! with all the people who came and went in Kc you really feel its not the same without Fripp?

Yes. How can it be? I am a Fripp fan first and foremost, moreso than a King Crimson fan. If the house was on fire, I'd rescue "Exposure" well before any King Crimson album. So no Fripp, no Crimso. It's obvious.

Krimzep wrote:just like YES isnt the same same with the boring alan white!, or the guy who replaced Jon recently but they still put out plenty of music under that name and most of the fans love it. alan can keep a beat but in YES it was Bills timing that made the music so great. Markus may not be fripp in that he didnt start Kc be he can play! and his guitar sounds a lot like Fripps so I can make the leap.

Comparing King Crimson to Yes is just ridiculous. But saying that, it too has a constant running through it in the shape of Chris Squire. I don't want a Fripp-a-like. Why would anyone?

Krimzep wrote:why would it be so wrong for members of the band who have been there for over 20 years to carry on the name and ideals of KC?

I don't believe that have any right to the legacy. They were hired hands - Fripp was the architect. Christopher Wren designed St Paul's Cathedral but no-one talks about the stonemasons or carpenters. Get my point?

Krimzep wrote:I could see your disdain if a bunch of nobodies joined the band last week and started touring a King Crimson but since its still 3 of the oldest and longest in terms of bieng band members i dont see anything wrong with them carrying on the Kc legacy.

I have no interest in revisiting the past or hearing the latest cover band doing their best. It bores me. It is boring.

Krimzep wrote:Basically if you feel the question has no merit and deserves no discussion then you might be worried that Kc just may be able to maintain a following without you. what a shame! :P

It doesn't worry me. Why would it? If such a band came to pass, it would be a band that only plays to the braying masses in the US and has no bearing on European fans. And even if such a band came to the UK, they would have to be pretty damn amazing to get me to go and see them. The Stick Men were here recently. Did I go? Did I fuck. I stayed at home, read my daughter a bedtime story and tucked her in. Or I could have gone out and seen two musicians I admired go over the same old ground.

Sorry, wake me up when they start doing something vaguely interesting... :)
vrooom
Button Pusher

Next

Return to Polls