free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Do you think Bill will ever play in King Crimson again?

Do you think Bill will ever play in King Crimson again?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Yes!
4%
No!
78%
Maybe
4%
Yes, but only in the studio
4%
Yes, but only for a one-off reunion
8%

Total votes : 23

Postby Gilesfan on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

Okay, so Bill did his book tour and from what I can see has no intentions of playing live again. Ever.
But let's just say that Fripp calls him up out of the blue and wants to have tea. :lol: First of all, would he accept the invitation? I think he may, as age has a way of mellowing everyone; Fripp and Bill included.

Suppose Fripp has some kind of idea of "going where Crimson has never ventured (which have not been many places)" and wants to do something really different. I don't know; maybe with Bill and Gavin Harrison, or Bill, Tony Levin, David Torn, Adrian Belew, Gavin Harrison, Michael Borstlap and perhaps even Eddie Jobson. Something really out of the ordinary. Would Bill do it? I can't help but think if it intrigued him enough he might.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Do you think Bill will ever play in King Crimson again?

Postby vrooom on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:34 am

I think there's more chance of me playing in King Crimson...

But hey, I never thought I'd see BB on stage with Alan White and Trevor Rabin and Tony Kaye and Chris Squire, but I did.

So who knows? But I doubt it...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MarkSullivan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 am

He seems pretty serious about retirement: I think he means it. While he may be playing a little bit for fun, I doubt he's trying to maintain performance-level chops. Of course he could get the itch to play later. Never say never!
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby nisimoto on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:32 pm

King Crimson lived, but is dead now and forever.
nisimoto
ProjeKction Sensei

Postby vrooom on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Crimson's not dead, it just smells funny...

(The old ones are the best)
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:47 pm

I said no for Bill returning, but I'm not giving up on something happening that includes the King Crimson name. Maybe a reunion tour, or possibly a studio album and no tour.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 am

Hotel Acceptably Modesto.

This room overlooks the millstream and, because the window doesn’t quite close (wear & tear of the handle) a constant burbling constantly burbled through the night, a backdrop to slumbering.

Dreams: how to present KC in such a way as to include earlier members. Not quite a nightmare, neither was this a prophetic dream.

Acceptable reading-breakfast…

… with the NPU set to Random Play CDs of the Lounge Jazz & Folk-Pop Variety. Mucho preferable to Radio Witless Chatter interspersed with Noisesome Pap. I opted for Beethoven String Quartets on Noisebusters.

Duck World…

A call to Jakko & shortly off to Berkhamsted North.

19.13 Arriving at Studio Jakko c. 10.30 I…

II...

What are we working on today?…

… the 5.1 mixes of VROOOM & Walking On Air. By 14.20ish my brain had fried, as is conventional whenever returning to historic catalogue & become immersed in it. So, Jakko suggested we move onto JFC – Secrets. Jakko visited Gavin Drums on Friday 8th. January, when I was last working at Wilson World HQ, and Gavin recorded a great-sounding very-old kit I (please ignore the date stamp)…

II...

III...

… and now T Lev has added bass, replacing Jakko’s guide. Classic T Lev: concise, open, solid yet light, moving & grooving.

Moving associationally along…

We went through the end section, then the beginning section, removing clues & the superfluous, fine-tuning the necessary, adjusting the stereo picture & editing. Now, an ace track is close.

A satisfying close to today’s Worlds Of Wonder In Studio Jakko.

19.25 On the Guestbook…

Robert Fripp’s iPod
:: Posted by timi0000 on January 27, 2010
Mr. Fripp, may I make a suggestion relating to your website? I think many of us would enjoy it if you did a weekly section where you put a few songs from your iPod onto dgmlive.com. I am always looking to listen to new music and since i love your music so much I was curious as to what you listen to these days.

Who arranges & pays for the licenses & royalties to the artists, writers & copyright owners? Who pays DGM Live’s costs to make this music available?

DGM Live factoids…
we have 951 loyal customers;
17 downloads are recouped.

22.12 The hotel resident above my head continues to play music a little too loud & clump about.

22.35 An evening’s e-fury coming to an end, computing continuing. Steven Seagal is currently on Channel Five pumping bad guys flat.

23.59 Computer closing. To bed.

Search Robert Fripp's diary archive.

I smell something burning Crimson
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 am

I don't get this: Jakko and Fripp working together. "Great sounding old kits"? :o I thought Fripp didn't like drums?! :lol:
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 am

Gilesfan wrote:I don't get this: Jakko and Fripp working together. "Great sounding old kits"? :o I thought Fripp didn't like drums?! :lol:

GF, you need to catch up. There's a whole lot of stuff happening out there. The later KC 5.1 releases mixed by Jakko, the new album which is a KC projekct, etc.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:05 am

I believe Bill could join Fripp for a one-off reunion or mini-tour as he did with Yes. I don't know if it would be the Larks line-up, Discipline or Double-trio or even a new line-up, but I'd love to see them playing together. Maybe I'd travel to see them. :D
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Polls