free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - So what do you think?

So what do you think?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

So what do you think of the new site?

It's the best thing since Fripp lost the Afro!
47%
It's OK
47%
Meh...I am totally indifferent
No votes
I preferred the old site...waaah!
5%
It's about as bad as Toyah's last album
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: So what do you think?

Postby Yorkshire Square on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:00 pm

vrooom wrote:It's either too black or too gay...there's just no pleasing some people, eh?

Darren

If it's Black and Gay, does that mean it's Marvin? :roll:

BTW the black option is too yellow. If that makes sense... :shock:
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby evktalo on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:32 am

Ahh, I feel all refreshed and energized to ProjeKct! Great job, Darren!

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby TheCrimsonChin on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:05 pm

One very minor annoyance. On the portal page where it displays the most recent poll. If the user has voted in the poll it displays the option they voted for in black text against the black background.

I hunted down the offending piece of CSS:
Code: Select all
fieldset.polls dl.voted {
  font-weight: bold;
  color: #000000;
}

Perhaps you should change that to another color?

Otherwise I must say that I really like the way the new site looks with the dark template.
If I had something important to say, why would I put it all the way down here?
TheCrimsonChin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Fred on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Just curious if you guys have the same problem. When i open a post via my e-mail i get this:

Page not found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP 404 - File not found

I haden't this problem ever and i use firefox to acces the site.

Fred
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:58 pm

That's cuz I was messing around with stuff before. Should be fixed now.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:02 pm

vrooom wrote:That's cuz I was messing around with stuff before. Should be fixed now.

Darren

Yes works fine again!! Thanks!! :mrgreen:
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Also, for those that bookmarked the Forum link, it has changed also, and is now...
index.php

I don't see any link in the Forum, that gets you back to the Portal page. I think we need that myself.

The problem remains with Links not opening up a new window, which cause you to leave the forum.

Also, your membership account stays open even when you shut down your browser on a public computer, leaving your account wide open, even if you don't check the box to keep it open. If on a public computer, you MUST delete cookies, or make sure you Logout. A minor annoyance which I've never seen before with a PHP forum.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Indyrod wrote:Also, for those that bookmarked the Forum link, it has changed also, and is now...
index.php

I prefer: portal.php

Indyrod wrote:I don't see any link in the Forum, that gets you back to the Portal page. I think we need that myself.

Click the main ProjeKction logo at the top left of the screen. Mind you, I reckon you are the 1 member who is using the wrong theme for this website...and I don't support that theme anymore.

Indyrod wrote:The problem remains with Links not opening up a new window, which cause you to leave the forum.

I thought you meant links from the portal page. They open outwards, as it were. Now I know what the problem is, I think I can fix that. Bear with me.

Indyrod wrote:Also, your membership account stays open even when you shut down your browser on a public computer, leaving your account wide open, even if you don't check the box to keep it open. If on a public computer, you MUST delete cookies, or make sure you Logout. A minor annoyance which I've never seen before with a PHP forum.

Well again, most of us don't have this problem as we have nice warm homes and don't have to travel to the local library for our Internet access. In the UK, only very, very, very old people smelling of wee and the tramps (bums, to you) - spend their times in the library. But I'll have a twiddle with the cookie settings to see if I can log everyone out after five minutes just because Indy wants it. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Indyrod wrote:Also, your membership account stays open even when you shut down your browser on a public computer, leaving your account wide open, even if you don't check the box to keep it open. If on a public computer, you MUST delete cookies, or make sure you Logout. A minor annoyance which I've never seen before with a PHP forum.

Darren wrote:Well again, most of us don't have this problem as we have nice warm homes and don't have to travel to the local library for our Internet access. In the UK, only very, very, very old people smelling of wee and the tramps (bums, to you) - spend their times in the library. But I'll have a twiddle with the cookie settings to see if I can log everyone out after five minutes just because Indy wants it. :D

Darren

Your condescending nature can be so annoying at times. But anyway, I have a very nice warm home, and enjoy the library, not that it's any of your business is it? I do use the library computers for broadband, but then again, that is none of.... well you know... :|

And again, as I have explained repeatedly, I like that light color because I not only like it better, but I can see it better.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Krimzep on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Indyrod wrote:

Darren wrote:Well again, most of us don't have this problem as we have nice warm homes and don't have to travel to the local library for our Internet access. In the UK, only very, very, very old people smelling of wee and the tramps (bums, to you) - spend their times in the library. But I'll have a twiddle with the cookie settings to see if I can log everyone out after five minutes just because Indy wants it. :D

Darren

Your condescending nature can be so annoying at times .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Polls