free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - So what do you think?

So what do you think?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

So what do you think of the new site?

It's the best thing since Fripp lost the Afro!
47%
It's OK
47%
Meh...I am totally indifferent
No votes
I preferred the old site...waaah!
5%
It's about as bad as Toyah's last album
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: So what do you think?

Postby Indyrod on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:47 am

Dog_none wrote:So there's no way to make the cool black theme the default and let those who prefer the gayer blue theme select it for themselves?

Dog, the forum has all ready been created. All members have to do, is go their simple little user control, and change the display theme to that black one. It's really not that hard. I'll bet penston had that figured out in no time.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Dog_none on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:39 am

ProjeKction is a dark place that is meant to be displayed in dark colors. Would a tall sunflower standing in the backdrop of a clear blue sky have been an appropriate album cover for ITCOTKC?

Unless setting the default to BlackDiamond precludes anyone from changing their personal display to proSilver, then any bitching and moaning about a BlackDiamond default should just be ignored. If they don't like the darkness, then all members have to do, is go their simple little user control, and change the display theme to that gay silver one. It's really not that hard. I'll bet penston could figured it out in no time.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Indyrod on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:52 am

I'm gonna take one more stab at this. When the forum was created, the silver was the only one easy to install. Then our darling webmaster figured out the black one, after several members thought the other one is gay. Which is of course very offensive. But besides that, when our darling webmaster heeded the crap, and changed it to only black, then that totally took away the gay color. I wanted the gay color as well as some others, so our darling webmaster changed it back, giving each member the option of choosing the black, or the gay color. He can't change everyone to black, without taking away the gay color. (at least he hasn't figured it out yet) now you have a problem with that?

Indyrod

Postby Dog_none on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:29 am

Indyrod wrote:He can't change everyone to black, without taking away the gay color.

That's all I needed to hear. You gotta know by now that I'm a bit dense....
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Dog_none on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:02 am

One thing I liked about the old version of the forum was that external links automatically opened up in a different window. That way I could easily jump to articles & reviews without interrupting the pure joy that is ProjeKction. In the new forum, clicking on links takes me away from here. Can that be changed?
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby vrooom on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:51 am

Dog_none wrote:One thing I liked about the old version of the forum was that external links automatically opened up in a different window. That way I could easily jump to articles & reviews without interrupting the pure joy that is ProjeKction. In the new forum, clicking on links takes me away from here. Can that be changed?

It shouldn't do that, everything should be the same with regards to linking out. However, I will look into this matter.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Riverman on Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:36 pm

I just noticed that clicking on a thread takes me to the first page instead of the newest. Is it just me?
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Riverman wrote:I just noticed that clicking on a thread takes me to the first page instead of the newest. Is it just me?

No, I kept doing that at first, too. I think it's just that the screen layout has changed...just remember to click on the little box with the last page number, instead of the header.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Dog_none on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:22 pm

vrooom wrote:
Dog_none wrote:One thing I liked about the old version of the forum was that external links automatically opened up in a different window. That way I could easily jump to articles & reviews without interrupting the pure joy that is ProjeKction. In the new forum, clicking on links takes me away from here. Can that be changed?

It shouldn't do that, everything should be the same with regards to linking out. However, I will look into this matter.

Darren

Is this happening to everyone, or just me?
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Indyrod on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:03 pm

vrooom wrote:

Darren

It's doing exactly the same thing with me. When I click on any link, it opens the linked page within the same browser window, leaving ProjeKction. It never used to do that. And this is using the newest version of IE.

Indyrod

PreviousNext

Return to Polls