free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - How much would you pay to see Led Zeppelin in concert?

How much would you pay to see Led Zeppelin in concert?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

$1000.00
5%
$500.00
No votes
$300.00
No votes
$200.00
5%
$100.00
31%
$75.00
10%
$50.00
15%
$25.00
5%
I would only go if given a free ticket!
5%
I would not go no matter what!
15%
I would stay home and watch the DVD!
5%

Total votes : 19

Postby Gilesfan on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:00 am

Okay. Let's say one of the most unlikely reunion tours happens: Led Zeppelin announces that they will tour with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. They say they will do one tour and cannot guarantee another one until seeing how this one goes.

They will play North America, Europe, and Australia and Japan. They guarantee a 3 hour show (like the old days). The show will break out the lasers and effects used in the past, but even updated for 2008. Robert Plant will get in shape and really work on his voice. Jimmy Page will play the Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson Double Neck and break out many of the old stage clothes he used to wear, plus some new ones. John Paul Jones will break out the Fender Jazz Bass, Alembic 4 and 8 string basses, triple neck acoustic guitar/mandolin and Yamaha GX-1 and mellotron. Jason announces that he will play his Dad's Ludwig stainless steel drumset, timpani and even use Paiste cymbals and a Paiste Gong for this one-off occasion. They guarantee a superb setlist, including many songs rarely played live before or that have never been played live before. Basically, it is the Led Zeppelin most of us know and love without the physical presence of John Bonham.

The question is:

How much would you be willing to pay to see this once in a lifetime show?
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:41 pm

I'd go if it was free and within a few minutes' travel from my house and I really had nothing else to do that night, but that's about it.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Dog_none on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 pm

I'd be willing to pay about $50, and only if I could get to the venue via public transportation. So I guess I'm not going.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby jtmack on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:14 pm

$75.00 if they weren't playing too big of an area.... Maybe at the Hollywood bowl on a warm summer night.....
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 pm

I'd pay up to $ 200, but probably they'd play in stadium which I particularly don't like.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:26 pm

I would pay a squadrillion pounds for my ticket and then publicly burn said ticket outside the venue in front of the aghast, adoring fans as a mark of my contempt against Led Zepplin. Overrated almost as much as Porcupine Tree...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:49 pm

At least a hundred dollars, and maybe more depending on the venue, IF I could even get tickets. The only band I can think of that would be in the same league as a Zeppelin reunion tour, would be Pink Floyd. Every other band in the history of rock music, would pale in comparison. Which includes The Beatles, who are definitely the most overrated band ever in the history of music.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby TheCrimsonChin on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Indyrod wrote:... The Beatles, who are definitely the most overrated band ever in the history of music.

In the impressively large list of stupid things you've said, this has to be near the top. The Beatles are without a doubt the single most influential rock band ever.
If I had something important to say, why would I put it all the way down here?
TheCrimsonChin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Indyrod on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Yep very influential, can't argue that. But in the long run, very overrated too. Does anybody really still listen to Beatles music? On the other hand, Zeppelin and Floyd are still listened to by new fans every year. The Beatles were a phenom for sure, but for my own listening pleasure the last twenty years or more, outside of John Lennon, I usually turn them off to hear something else quickly. Good pop band, but nothing much else.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Riverman on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 am

Astonishingly, I'm leaning more toward Indy on this one. Yes, the Beatles were hugely influential. Yes, tons of people still listen to them all the time. Yes, they did new and inventive things.

But yes, they're absolutely overrated. (I'm not denying that they deserve credit. Just not this much.) And the fact that a fair amount of their stuff is classic & timeless doesn't obscure that another good chunk of it is bland, uninspired drivel. Not to mention lyrics that any middle-schooler would rightly be ashamed of.

But that's off-topic. So - if the Beatles and the Zeps got in a fight, who would win?
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Polls