free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - What would you like to hear from KC mk8 live?

What would you like to hear from KC mk8 live?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

What would you like to hear from KC mk8 live?

Postby Riverman on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:00 pm

In another thread, that Indy guy wrote:Since it has pretty much been confirmed that the 2008 KC will be doing old material, what would be a setlist you guys think they could still do

Good question. Even with no new material, this would be a great opportunity for the guys to shake things up a little. So, my own wishful list would go something like this:

Larks' Tongues I
Into the Frying Pan
Cage
Improv->
B'Boom/THRAK (even if they don't keep it later, it would make a great introductory workout for P@/Gavin as a team)
Facts of Life
The Sheltering Sky
Level Five
Improv ->
Seizure
TCoL
Starless
-----------------
Walking on Air
Oyster Soup
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 pm

I was afraid this was going to turn into another poll when I suggested what kinds of songs I'd like to see in the other thread. Maybe Darren will give me credit for encouraging something not particularly helpful for RF. There are two ways it could have gone, and since I'm reluctant to make suggestions to Fripp as to what he should do (or what I would like to see), maybe I could open this thread up to the other direction, speculations as to what they actually will do. Riverman's list is what he would like to see but of course what makes it unlikely in reality is the presence of only one 80s KC song.

PS. Indy's way of formulating it, to quote it in full "what would be a setlist you guys think they could still do without Fripp finking out on the more complicated stuff?", just shows how obtuse he is.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:32 am

It's all moot speculation. We know he never reads sites like this anyway, and even if someone like Sid does, they'd know enough not to pass on any suggestions. Especially if it's not meant that way. Which this isn't.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:46 am

Well if you want sheer fantasy, with no concern for the practicalities and limitations RF has to deal with, and even including a bit of this board's speciality, managing to insult members of the band, here's one I threw together fast (and of course I want my money's worth, so I'm making them play for a couple of hours):

21stCSM
Cat Food
Sailor's Tale
LTIA I
One More Red Nightmare
Sartori in Tangiers
Neurotica
Indiscipline
ZZZZ's
Grace Jones
Calliope
Demolition
Heaven and Earth
LTIA IV
Virtuous Circle
Level Five
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Ça Plane Pour Moi
Terry Riley: In C
I Wanna Be Sedated
Take on Me
Boredoms medley
Every Sperm is Sacred
Fracture
Mahna Mahna
Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Bob the Builder theme song
Deutschland über Alles
Revolution Number Nine
Cantina Theme from Star Wars/Starless (segue)

encore 1 - The (complete) Saga of Rodney Toady

encore 2 - Louie Louie (18 minute version)
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:54 pm

scorched earth wrote:Well if you want sheer fantasy, with no concern for the practicalities and limitations RF has to deal with, and even including a bit of this board's speciality, managing to insult members of the band, here's one I threw together fast (and of course I want my money's worth, so I'm making them play for a couple of hours):

21stCSM
Cat Food
Sailor's Tale
LTIA I
One More Red Nightmare
Sartori in Tangiers
Neurotica
Indiscipline
ZZZZ's
Grace Jones
Calliope
Demolition
Heaven and Earth
LTIA IV
Virtuous Circle
Level Five

It looks like a Schizoid Band Mark II set list. Or is it the fate for our beloved 2008 KC?
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:58 pm

scorched earth wrote:PS. Indy's way of formulating it, to quote it in full "what would be a setlist you guys think they could still do without Fripp finking out on the more complicated stuff?", just shows how obtuse he is.

So now you are saying my angle is more than 90° but less than 180°. We were always taught, the angle of the dangle is equal to the mass of the ass. :P

And Scorchie, as Riverman suggested, this thread was my idea so quick taking credit for my creative skills. :evil:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby scorched earth on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:29 pm

I didn't take credit for your awe inspiring brilliant take on the obvious (Owen by the way was the first to suggest some specific songs and as I said I "encouraged" the discussion, that is continued it ). Yes I and I'm sure everyone else here saw this thread coming even before that, but it wasn't my intention to steal all the respect and glory due someone with your creative abilities. Though maybe get yourself a better dictionary.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:11 am

diderot wrote:
It looks like a Schizoid Band Mark II set list. Or is it the fate for our beloved 2008 KC?

Well Adrian said no new material, though as Owen suggested that doesn't necessarily mean it's limited to tracks that have appeared on past albums. Or that improvs are eliminated.

Scott started a thread at PC awhile ago where he suggested they might be doing "greatest hits" shows. That led me to look for an interview with Pat in which I recall him saying pretty much the same thing, that they might be doing a few shows playing already existing stuff. But I couldn't find it (it might have been something someone here reported), so didn't post anything about it.

Of course my list wasn't a guess at what they will do. With Tony Levin back in the band the safe bet is that they'll play a fair amount of stuff he was on, mixed in with some of the more recent material, plus Red or LTIA II. I doubt they'll have enough time to get too creative.

Fripp talked about something along the lines of the 21CSB before it came into existence, I think he suggested a version with Wetton, but wasn't interested in playing with just the earliest band members, so no I hardly expect those early songs. Later on he talked about having various incarnations of KC going, one of which was the reunited 80's band doing their old material. So I'd say he sees playing the repertoire as a valid objective for a version of KC.
Last edited by scorched earth on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:05 am

scorched earth wrote:With Tony Levin back in the band the safe bet is that they'll play a fair amount of stuff he was on, mixed in with some of the more recent material, plus Red or LTIA II. I doubt they'll have enough time to get too creative.

At the time of the KC7 rehearsals Tony commented in his diaries on the difficulties in learning Trey's parts of TCoL. Taking this to mean that he has learned it and played it with KC7, and adding that I seem to recall that originally the piece was composed with a part for T-Lev anyway (prior to the abandonment of the proposed Fripp/Belew/Gunn/Mastelotto/Levin line-up late '99), I'm hoping they'll pull that one out of the bag. It's not too big of a stretch really.

But I'll be happy just to have them play anything... hence my proposed setlist above.
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Polls