free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - What would you like to hear from KC mk8 live?

What would you like to hear from KC mk8 live?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Postby Indyrod on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Well Scorchie, education is good and vital, but what you do with it is what really counts... eh? As an underachiever, I'm sure you know. :?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Re: What would you like to hear from KC mk8 live?

Postby diderot on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Riverman wrote:The Sheltering Sky
Starless

Reading more carefully Riverman's set list, those will be a challenge for a band with two drumers, mainly on the first song, or at that time Pat or Gavin would be out to rest?
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Indyrod wrote:Well Scorchie, education is good and vital, but what you do with it is what really counts... eh? As an underachiever, I'm sure you know. :?

Dear God,

What does that have to do with anything, other than as a random example of your cruelty and your inability to engage in an exchange like this without a kick to the balls, that is bringing up what you consider a person's greatest weakness? What gives you the right to sit in judgement of members of this board? I guess you keep repeating that because I keep ignoring it (I really don't want to talk about me in a thread on KC), so as absurb as it is to have to justify my existence to you, I suppose I should briefly say a couple of things. Yes my view of education is unconventional in that I don't see it as a means of making money or getting a good job (and after all the kind of job we get isn't something that is always within our control, in fact there may be very few jobs where you can really use much of your education, in my case because of decisions I made long ago including not wanting to leave Phoenix there are basically none), but rather about understanding the world and improving the mind, of passing through this life as well equipped as possible in a non-material sense. I expect to pay not gain in a material sense for the unconventionality of my choices because the world is full of judgemental people enforcing conformity like you. Yes it is sort of a shame that I don't teach. I won't go into the many reasons why not here, but for one, besides my unconventionality, that fact that because I am hard of hearing and can't understand what people in a group are saying without going up to each one individually does make it somewhat difficult.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 am

diderot wrote:
Riverman wrote:The Sheltering Sky
Starless

those will be a challenge for a band with two drumers, mainly on the first song, or at that time Pat or Gavin would be out to rest?

I figured that with TSS, Gavin could handle the percussion stuff and Pat could add his little ambient noises & effects for color a-la TPtBII. I guess "Starless" might not be as realistically feasible; I picked it because it would make a great closer for the set, it's one of the only older pieces that Robert still (perhaps) feels a real enough connection with, and it's something most if not all of us would love to see.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Riverman wrote:I figured that with TSS, Gavin could handle the percussion stuff and Pat could add his little ambient noises & effects for color a-la TPtBII.

Very interesting... Sometimes we get stuck with a song in a specific arrangement and we can't think ahead or different. Yesterday I was watching David Gilmour's last DVD and Bowie sings Comfortably Numb in a different intonation/key (I'm not musician), although the instrumental parts and chorus were the same we've been listening since The Wall studio album. Strange at first but very good.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Pretty pathetic Larry, your rationalisation many might call an excuse for a slacker, but remember, you dish it out around here, you get it back sometimes many times over.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Previous

Return to Polls