free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Does "Spider Fingers" still have the Crimson touch

Does "Spider Fingers" still have the Crimson touch

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Does "Spider Fingers" still have the Crimson touch?

Yes, no doubt
52%
No, he's seen his better days
13%
Not sure, I'll wait and see
17%
I'll always be a believer, as long as KC continues
17%
Very doubtful, but I remain positive
No votes

Total votes : 23

Postby vrooom on Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Riverman wrote:Maybe it just smells funny.

No, that's jazz, dear boy...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 am

Owen wrote:Can I just point out something?

Seizure isn't new material (and surely a Crim with Mastelotto & Harrison playing off against T-Lev was born to play Seizure). Neither is the stuff that was prepared, but not made public by the Fripp/Belew/Mastelotto/Levin group a few years back.

I may be being overly optimistic though.

Most likely.

The most likely reason something hasn't been made public is that it sucks, lol.

If I wanted to be overly optimistic I'd fantasize about Fripp violating expectations by picking out KC songs that haven't been played much live and more loosely structured stuff like say "Sartori in Tangiers" which they can mess around with and come up with different sounding versions.

But I imagine in the three rehearsals they'll just have time to get it together on the more familiar stuff.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Since it has pretty much been confirmed that the 2008 KC will be doing old material, what would be a setlist you guys think they could still do without Fripp finking out on the more complicated stuff? Maybe this should be a seperate thread, because as time marches on this year, this will be a hot topic I'm sure among us Crimheads.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:46 pm

With Tony Levin back in the band and the extra skin slapper, it is patently obvious that the band will be performing Lizard in its entirety.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Fripp still has it

Postby steven on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:05 am

I'm positive Unlce Bobby could rip out any one of his compositions, probably on an acoustic guitar these days. I believe he has just moved on to other ideas which may not appeal to everyone. I would love to see him perform soundscapes or churchscapes in the proper venue here in the ole US of A, but it doesn't seem likely, least not here in the PRK.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Re: Fripp still has it

Postby jtmack on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:33 pm

steven wrote:I'm positive Unlce Bobby could rip out any one of his compositions, probably on an acoustic guitar these days. I believe he has just moved on to other ideas which may not appeal to everyone. I would love to see him perform soundscapes or churchscapes in the proper venue here in the ole US of A, but it doesn't seem likely, least not here in the PRK.

Steven, did you see Fripp doing soundscapes around 2004 in Venture?
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

soundscapes

Postby steven on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:24 pm

I missed Ventura, didn't find out until too late. But I did see Uncle when he opened for Porcupine Tree in 2005. That was awesome, never heard 'scapes that scary before! I ran into him before the show also, in a coffee shop down the street. I did not molest him in any way, by the way.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Previous

Return to Polls