free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Will you miss the Elephant Talk newsletter?

Will you miss the Elephant Talk newsletter?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Will you miss the Elephant Talk newsletter?

Yes - it was a great resource that taught me a lot
40%
No - it was old fashioned maaan, and I'm more into RSS feeds, podcasting and MySpace
56%
I don't know - what's an Elephant Talk?
4%

Total votes : 25

Postby scorched earth on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:52 am

Dog_none wrote:
diderot wrote:I almost got banned when I posted that Greg Lake was too fat in his last visit here with ELP, back in '97...

Grrrr.....censorship...

I ran afoul of the conventions of ET myself when submitting a long review (hey it was at the end of the newsletter no one was forced to read it), so I understand the frustration, but it doesn't seem fair to charge the ET moderator with censorship in this case. Diderot's comment here looked like an exaggeration to me, ET was a moderated newsletter, so really the phrase "I almost got banned when I posted X" doesn't make sense. So I used the archives to look up what happened.

Here's edited versions of the relevant posts:

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:40:22 -0300
Subject: KC content on ELP concert

It was a good concert, with Greg Lake incredibly fat,

[ that's a tiny bit rude, my dear chap -- Toby ]

Keith Emerson like an acrobat, destroying an old keyboard and Carl Palmer incredibly young... Cheers Diderot

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:50:22 -0300
Subject: ELP's Epitaph

"(...)Greg Lake incredibly fat(...)"

Oh my god what a very incredibly smart observation.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:29 am

Crikey - they are even more sarky than us... It shouldn't be allowed, you know! :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:32 am

scorched earth wrote:
Dog_none wrote:
diderot wrote:I almost got banned when I posted that Greg Lake was too fat in his last visit here with ELP, back in '97...

Grrrr.....censorship...

I ran afoul of the conventions of ET myself when submitting a long review (hey it was at the end of the newsletter no one was forced to read it), so I understand the frustration, but it doesn't seem fair to charge the ET moderator with censorship in this case. Diderot's comment here looked like an exaggeration to me, ET was a moderated newsletter, so really the phrase "I almost got banned when I posted X" doesn't make sense. So I used the archives to look up what happened.

Here's edited versions of the relevant posts:

Date: Tue, 8 Oct:40:22 -0300
Subject: KC content on ELP concert

It was a good concert, with Greg Lake incredibly fat,

[ that's a tiny bit rude, my dear chap -- Toby ]

Keith Emerson like an acrobat, destroying an old keyboard and Carl Palmer incredibly young... Cheers Diderot

Date: Fri, 11 Oct:50:22 -0300
Subject: ELP's Epitaph

"(...)Greg Lake incredibly fat(...)"

Oh my god what a very incredibly smart observation.

What would we do with out the moral authority of the online world of Crim? :roll:
Hey SE do you think Crim will reform and tour this year?
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:35 am

I swear that Scorchie is autistic. He is like Rain Man, but with KC...or something. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:02 pm

jtmack wrote:Hey SE do you think Crim will reform and tour this year?

Not to sound "a tiny bit rude", but I don't know and I don't care. (Not being into endlessly discussing such matters is one reason I never contributed much to ET.)
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:37 pm

vrooom wrote:I swear that Scorchie is autistic. He is like Rain Man, but with KC...or something. :D

At least I didn't know that Bob Carruthers was the producer of the "Careful with that Axe" documentary or that the gamelan sound on TPTB comes from the Roland Handsonic HPD-15 "P04 07 JavaGameln" patch. :D
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:47 pm

scorched earth wrote:I ran afoul of the conventions of ET myself when submitting a long review (hey it was at the end of the newsletter no one was forced to read it), so I understand the frustration, but it doesn't seem fair to charge the ET moderator with censorship in this case. Diderot's comment here looked like an exaggeration to me, ET was a moderated newsletter, so really the phrase "I almost got banned when I posted X" doesn't make sense....

Great research, Larry. I'd prefer the posts had an expiration date... 8)

I was exaggerated when I wrote that "I almost got banned" as there was no registration on ET. The worst that could happen to me was that my message wouldn't be posted... :roll:

Concerning Greg Lake's shape, at the time of ELP concert ('97) I was out of internet, so it was a surprise when I saw him.

Beyond Toby's comment I think there was a reply complaining too.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Gilesfan on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:01 am

Yeah. It was pretty cool.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Previous

Return to Polls