free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Should there be a 1974 trio line-up reunion?

Should there be a 1974 trio line-up reunion?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Should there be 1974 trio line-up reunion?

Yes! Absolutely! Good for a few albums.
23%
No! They need to move forward.
27%
Maybe.
4%
It could happen, but would not last very long.
6%
It would never, ever happen.
37%

Total votes : 43

Postby NICK on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:09 pm

OK, if I can chip in at this late stage...
I would love it if messers Fripp, Bruford & Wetton could get together for a tour and album - at least 5 of each! I wouldn't have David Cross, unless he confined himself to his keyboards (especially his Mellotron), as he would be swamped, in terms of volume and presence, by the rest of the band. I wouldn't have Muir, as he was pointless. Going by how Mel Collins and Ian McDonald play the Crimson oldies in the 21st Century Schizoid Band, I'd have one or the other - after all, both of them can be found on the "Red" album.

Would it happen? NOT A CHANCE! Fripp won't do a full tour as it would knacker him. Bruford won't work with Fripp any more. Wetton - I dunno. Muir has withdrawn from music completely, and paints somewhere in Cornwall. Collins still sessioneers, so he's not desperate for money. McDonald - I don't know. David Cross does his own thing on the Noisy Record label, AND is still pals with Fripp.
Co-incidentally, as you may know, Ian Wallace recently died of oesophageal cancer (R.I.P. Ian), something that (I've been told) David Cross contracted and beat - TWICE. Now that's rough justice on Ian.
IF (big if) Fripp reformed, He would HAVE to tour the UK, to compensate for not touring much here recently.
NICK
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby Owen on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:37 pm

NICK wrote:I wouldn't have Muir, as he was pointless.

Sorry Nick, but that is one of the most absurd things anyone has ever said here.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Owen wrote:

Sorry Nick, but that is one of the most absurd things anyone has ever said here.

O!

You shouldn't have said that. He'll email you privately now asking for an explanation... :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 pm

Owen wrote:

O!

Have to agree with Owen on that one. Sorry NICK, but your credibility just took a huge nose dive. :roll:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:40 am

Indyrod wrote:
Owen wrote:

O!

Have to agree with Owen on that one. Sorry NICK, but your credibility just took a huge nose dive. :roll:

Nick, you like what you like don't let the taste police kick your door in. :wink: You (Indy OwEn) wish you could have seen that gig , but you didn't and he did so he's telling it as it is to him... Nick keep posting we need new blood around here that doesn't go with the party line.... :twisted:
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:13 am

jtmack wrote:
Indyrod wrote:
Owen wrote:

O!

Nick, you like what you like don't let the taste police kick your door in. :wink: You (Indy OwEn) wish you could have seen that gig , but you didn't and he did so he's telling it as it is to him... Nick keep posting we need new blood around here that doesn't go with the party line.... :twisted:

I like what Jamie contributed to LTIA but you've got to admit that bruford is just as efective if not more all by himself. jamie was a great personality but Kc didnt really need him.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:31 am

Krimzep wrote:I like what Jamie contributed to LTIA but you've got to admit that bruford is just as efective if not more all by himself. jamie was a great personality but Kc didnt really need him.

Muir's influence completely opened up Bruford's playing. If there was no Muir, you'd have Yes-Broof playing with KC, which would have been an exercise in futility. So Muir was necessary for that early band and for the development of Bruford's drumming at that time.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:05 pm

vrooom wrote:
Krimzep wrote:I like what Jamie contributed to LTIA but you've got to admit that bruford is just as efective if not more all by himself. jamie was a great personality but Kc didnt really need him.

Muir's influence completely opened up Bruford's playing. If there was no Muir, you'd have Yes-Broof playing with KC, which would have been an exercise in futility. So Muir was necessary for that early band and for the development of Bruford's drumming at that time.

Darren

I dont agree

ever listen to the fish ? sounds to me like bill was already into percussion allsorts , as you can hear him playing what sounds like glass bottles in the background. very muir -ish indeed.

I dont think Bill was competely uninfluenced by muir, as I think Bills musical horizons were already fairly wide concerning percussion styles but what true musician meets another and doesnt take something away from it.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:26 pm

Well I think you are wrong. BB was a pretty flat player in Yes and then KC happened and he opened up a heck of a lot. Was this down totally to Muir or the more creative environment? I don't know. 60/40 methinks.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MiKcrobe on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 pm

Not only did Bruford himself have rather high praise for Muir, as did Robert, but the Muir-era live discs in the Collector's Club are some of the most highly sought-after by fans.

BTW, while I didn't happen to agree with Nick's OPINION on that particular point, it's just that--an opinion, which as nothing to do with his "credibility".
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

PreviousNext

Return to Polls