free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The most underrated King Crimson tune

The most underrated King Crimson tune

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

What is the most underrated King Crimson tune?

Moonchild
15%
Drop In
1%
Get Thy Bearings
1%
Travel Weary Capricorn
No votes
Travel Bleary Capricorn
No votes
Indoor Games
3%
The Letters
3%
Trio
1%
Fallen Angel
17%
Providence
1%
The Sheltering Sky
7%
Heartbeat
No votes
Two Hands
3%
Model Man
3%
The ConstruKction of Light
21%
Happy With What You Have to Be Happy With
8%
Other (please specify)
8%

Total votes : 57

Re: The Mincer

Postby Owen on Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:42 am

crimson73 wrote:I went for "Other(please specify)", since I think "The Mincer" is a great piece and everybody else seems to hate it.

Not me! It's one of my fave tracks from one of my fave KC albums.

KC are (on one hand) at their best when pushing the envelope through experimentation IMO. Hence my fondness of The Mincer & Thrakattak.

Flying leaps and all that.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Lark's Tongues In Aspic Part 3

Postby Riverman on Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:27 am

Frippery wrote:Lark's Tongue's in Aspic Part 3.

I know you all hate it

Not me. I love it.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Gilesfan on Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:40 am

:shock: My goodness!

I had no idea this poll would cause so much controversy! And ruffle so many feathers! :o

The tunes I listed were ones that I thought were either not played live at all or in ages, totally deleted from the band's repertoire or not usually on these compilations that have been released, though I don't keep up on them too much, so maybe I am mistaken.

As far as "The ConstruKction of Light" is concerned, I know some people don't like that album too much and I cannot remember if it was performed live or not on that tour. Perhaps others from that album should have been listed instead.

I thought "The Sheltering Sky" has often been overlooked in favor of the usuals like "Elephant Talk" and "Frame By Frame".

"Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With", I thought was also underrated in comparison with tracks such as "Level 5", "Eyes Wide Open" and "Elektrik" and of course any of the parts of "The Power To Believe".

I almost listed "The Mincer" (which I like too as short as it is), but considered it not even worth a vote since it cuts off while obviously having more left.

"Larks Tongues In Aspic Part 3" should have been listed too. Personally, I don't like it as much as the others.

"Waiting Man" too, but I don't think it is that great. Most if the ones I listed are ones I (and others from what I have read in the past) think (or thought! :lol: ) are really good and are usually overlooked.

Anyway, just thought this would be fun. :wink:
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:54 am

Gilesfan wrote:As far as "The ConstruKction of Light" is concerned, I know some people don't like that album too much and I cannot remember if it was performed live or not on that tour. Perhaps others from that album should have been listed instead.

They did it at every show from '00 to '03, as far as I know. It seems "Prozac" and "Oyster Soup" have gotten much more ambivalent reactions, so I'd say one or both of them would qualify for being underrated instead.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:10 am

You see, it's not easy doing these polls, is it? :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Re: Lark's Tongues In Aspic Part 3

Postby Sebastian Knight on Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:17 am

Frippery wrote:The most underated song by King Crimson is of course... Lark's Tongue's in Aspic Part 3.

I know you all hate it, but it is a fantastic piece of music.

Good choice. I hate the fact that it has no ending, but I like it pretty well otherwise, and I really love parts of it.
Sebastian Knight

Postby laurent m on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:05 am

Obviously everybody has a different conception of what un underrated track is. This should have been a totally open poll with every track ever released, but would have it been possible? Anyway, I'd still have voted for Two Hands...
laurent m
ProjeKction Fan

Postby MiKcrobe on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:45 pm

Wow, crimson73 and Frippery came up with good ones. I also happen to really like both "The Mincer" (I find it to be spooky), and "Larks III," and both are certainly highly underrated. I just thought of another one: "Nuages." Any time the album is discussed, all of the other tracks get mentioned (whether positively or negatively) but this one. It's seems to get ignored for some reason. I guess it just passes like a cloud . . .

what
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby diderot on Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:59 pm

I voted for Moonchild. It was my first KC album and I listened to it so much that I use to like this tune, including the improv.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

eyes

Postby Krimzep on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:31 am

Eyes Wide Open , :shock:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Polls