free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The most underrated King Crimson tune

The most underrated King Crimson tune

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

What is the most underrated King Crimson tune?

Moonchild
15%
Drop In
1%
Get Thy Bearings
1%
Travel Weary Capricorn
No votes
Travel Bleary Capricorn
No votes
Indoor Games
3%
The Letters
3%
Trio
1%
Fallen Angel
17%
Providence
1%
The Sheltering Sky
7%
Heartbeat
No votes
Two Hands
3%
Model Man
3%
The ConstruKction of Light
21%
Happy With What You Have to Be Happy With
8%
Other (please specify)
8%

Total votes : 57

The most underrated King Crimson tune

Postby Gilesfan on Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:30 pm

Okay, we all have those special tunes that never seem to get the rcognition they deserve. So I ask:

What is the most underrated King Crimson tune?

Notice I said "tune". So it can be vocal or instrumental. :D
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:09 pm

Of the ones you listed, I'd go with The Sheltering Sky, although I get the sense it is pretty well-appreciated.

My call? Waiting Man.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Sebastian Knight on Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:34 am

I think KC fans are very positive and enthusiastic about "Trio", "The ConstruKction of Light" (P3nis of an Ali3n lyric nothwithstanding), and "Sheltering Sky", so I didn't vote for any of them. All are favorites, but I don't think they need special championing or defending.

I voted for Fallen Angel. Yes the kid dying in the ghetto lyrics are cloying, but it's a beast of a riff, features cool trumpet stuff, and the sentimental stuff is pretty anyway.
Sebastian Knight

Postby vrooom on Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:46 am

I'm with Seb (though where's One More Red Nightmare on the list?)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Gilesfan on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:44 am

vrooom wrote:I'm with Seb (though where's One More Red Nightmare on the list?)

Well, I thought that "One More Red Nightmare" is pretty appreciated, more so than "Fallen Angel". But I see what you mean.

I just tried to go back and add it but could not. That and the excellent "Book Of Saturday" (which I totally overlooked) should definitely have been listed. Please go ahead and add them to the list if you can.

By the way, I hope by adding this poll I am not underming the other current poll on the best live non KCCC King Crimson, which I later realized I may be doing. Sorry.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:12 am

I don't get this poll: TCOL is one of the best KC songs ever (particularly on the Level 5 EP). I don't think I would ever consider it under-rated as it seems to be pretty well appreciated across the board.

Hmmm, so, ruling that one out as I don't think it should be on the list I have to go for Indoor Games... in fact, the entirety of the Lizard LP would have to be the most under-rated thing KC have ever done. Even RF disses it readily.

My two meaningless cents,
O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby jtmack on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:31 am

Owen wrote:I don't get this poll: TCOL is one of the best KC songs ever (particularly on the Level 5 EP). I don't think I would ever consider it under-rated as it seems to be pretty well appreciated across the board.

Hmmm, so, ruling that one out as I don't think it should be on the list I have to go for Indoor Games... in fact, the entirety of the Lizard LP would have to be the most under-rated thing KC have ever done. Even RF disses it readily.

My two meaningless cents,
O!

So just pick Fallen Angel and stop nit pickin my boy :wink: ............
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Most underatted KC tune,

Postby phoenixal on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 am

The Sheltering Sky could well be in my top five all time KC tracks,
and certainly in the top 10. TCOL is another fav, and would be in my top
20. Cannot vote for either of these, as IMHO they should not be on the list.
My vote goes for Fallen Angel.

Allan.
phoenixal

Postby laurent m on Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:52 am

My vote goes for Two Hands. I've never read anything good anywhere about this tune. I can understand how everybody dismisses it as not being Crimson and just filler to extend a very short album, but I do love it. I always thought of it as Matte Kudasai's twin, filling the same role as a moment of peace after the hectic Neurotica and before the fury of Howler and Requiem. I like the fading in and out opening and ending guitar lines, I like AB's guitar sound, I like the simple bassline, I like BB and RF's restraint, even if it's just because they couldnt think of anything better to contribute. I like AB's emotional vocal delivery (and don't tell me anything about lyrical content, I'm french and really don't care for it in the first place, he could be reading the phonebook it would be the same to me). What's so offensive about this track?
laurent m
ProjeKction Fan

Next

Return to Polls