free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Postby Indyrod on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 pm

TheCrimsonChin wrote:You said you hadn't checked out the competition, silly man so I offered you a convenient (and postage paid) link to do so.

He probably knows where to find it, don't you think? Face it, you just couldn't help yourself by promoting your site over here again. :roll:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby diderot on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 pm

TheCrimsonChin wrote:If you would like to check out the competition a direct link to the photo gallery: http://planetcrimson.net/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=20

Congratulations Scott.

It was a hard competition. Very good works.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:45 pm

TheCrimsonChin wrote:You said you hadn't checked out the competition, silly man so I offered you a convenient (and postage paid) link to do so.

Ahhh, but you assume that I might be interested, silly man. And I'm not... Frankly, that kind of stuff is beyond me. It just doesn't float my boat, I am afraid. But congratulations on your win, I am sure you put a lot of hard work into your artwork and hope that the fame and adulation that comes with it doesn't render you as impossibly egotistical as me.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:33 am

File this in the "Who Gives A Rat's Ass" dept...

I was the first one (on the planet Earth) to have Trey and Pat sign a copy of Sid's book. Pat mentioned it in his then-available-on-line-diary. The date was Dec. 1, 2001. I had received the book in the mail two days prior.
I have absolutely no proof of this, but for the record, they both thumbed through on their way into soundcheck it and (Pat) said it looked "mondocoolisimo", or something like that. I should have had it date it. I asked AB to sign it on TPTB stop in Detroit, and he asked me if I wanted him to sign it "on behalf of Robert", but I didn't catch on to his possible "cool-inscription-that-he-would-have-made-if-I-wasn't-a-dork comment, but he signed it anyway.

That's MY brush with Crimstory...
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 am

I think you should have definitely got AB to sign it as RF. The idea of each band member faking each other's signature sounds a hoot.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:28 am

vrooom wrote:I think you should have definitely got AB to sign it as RF. The idea of each band member faking each other's signature sounds a hoot.

Darren

Fripp the sister signs for him all the time. Darren remember the third eye gathering? I think most of us here have talked to a Crim... I have talked to most of the present line up. To tell the truth they were all real nice even the Fripp... Fripp is not the monster some think but a gentle soul, really. As we all know he has his rules of conduct, if you follow those rules you wont be a booby and get slammed..It's just a defense mechanism to keep the kooks from tapping his energy before the show. Yeah I know it sounds kooky, but it is what it is...
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

Postby Ironclaw on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 pm

I greeted Fripp and got his autograph on a vinyl copy of Exposure after his free frippertonics performance in Los Angeles at Tower Records in 1979. That was pretty cool.
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Krimzep on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Hmmm, never saw this thread, I met both Pat and Tony after a gig in 2009. Pat talked for about a half hour with a few fans about his drumming and other questions. Tony was swamped with people wanting photos and he stood and smiled as though he were long lost family member who just came home. Both were very gracious .
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Tony and Pat after a Stickman gig and i scored there autographs. But it where just a few small words. :D
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm

yeah I had them sign a magazine they were pushing and got a nice photo with Tony, my son and myself. 8)
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Polls