free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

Postby uncle_jonas on Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:50 am

This poll doesn't have choices because that way you are not able to vote for more than one candidate.
I have talked with Trey Gunn the other week when he came to Cordoba after the show. Really nice guy
Why would you write a signature?
uncle_jonas
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby vrooom on Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:54 am

I have spoken to Ian McDonald, Ian Wallace, Peter Giles and P@, but these were the briefest of chats, really.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby RYG on Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:11 am

I was at the '97 playback for the release of The Night Watch in NYC.
At the event were Robert Fripp, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and David Cross. I spoke with each of them briefly (as there were hundreds of people) and I got signatures of all by David Cross. Robert Fripp was affable but this was maybe because I had him sign his DGM newletter #1 (and I don't think there was ever a #2). I complimented him on his new company so he must have liked that. I even got to shake his hand later on.

The only other venue where I got even remotely close to any former members was when I went to see the Scizzys in NYC in '04.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Riverman on Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:17 am

I had brief fanboy chats with Tony and P@ after a CGT+2 show back in January; not much, just enough to ask about future Crim photo books and to express disappointment about the cancelled TU tour, respectively. I considered asking "is it true Fripp really sleeps in a coffin all day?" but wasn't sure how it would have come across.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby L.RayRojo on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:19 pm

Gladhanding with Trey, Pat and Adrian. I once blew by Greg Lake as he held out his hand to sign my ticket after an Emerson, Lake and Powell show. That's a tale for another time... :o
_
LRR ---->
EYE and EAR
L.RayRojo
ProjeKction Savant

Postby MiKcrobe on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:21 pm

I spoke to Robert Fripp in 1979 after the Frippertronics performance. He stood behind a counter to sign autographs so I plucked up a copy of Exposure off the display and got in line. There was only time to make one comment or ask one question so what did I say? "What's Pete Sinfield been doing lately?" Doh! What a jackhole! (me, not Fripp). Hey I was only 19, y'know? :?
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:08 pm

I've spoken briefly with Tlev, once before the BLUE show in Woodstock, where he signed my copy of Beyond the Bass Clef, and once after a Tony Levin Band show in Rochester. Nice fella.

I spoke AT Bruvver the Frippster after the first 12th & Porter gig in 2000. We were milling about the front of the establishment, trying to wrap our heads around what we had just witnessed, when he came scuttling out, head down, with his little backpack, trying to avoid notice. I put rest to that hope with a hearty "Good EVENING, Mr. Fripp!!!" In retrospect, I should have just let him pass in silence. But no harm was done, he zipped down the sidewalk and hopped in a van and was driven off with no further fan interaction.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:55 am

I have spoken with:

Bill Bruford - Once briefly. He was pre-occupied and it was before a Moraz/Bruford gig. Told me the "sounds" in the middle of "Roundabout" were milk bottles!

Tony Levin - Once after a clinic. Very nice guy.

Adrian Belew - A few times. Very nice person.

Trey Gunn - Once. Just a regular guy.

Pat Mastelloto - Once. A drummer! What more needs to be said! :D

That's all folks! :lol:
Last edited by Gilesfan on Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby TheCrimsonChin on Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:38 pm

I spoke with Adrian after his most recent show in Annapolis, MD. He was signing autographs after the show and I managed to land near the front of the line. He complimented me on the Discipline t-shirt I was wearing.

I wanted to reach out and tell him how much I appreciate his music. How I leaned on his music to help me preseve my sanity for the 10 months that my Mom was terminally ill. I wanted to tell him how much I listened to the Acousic Adrian Belew during that period because I simply had to. How I cried every time I listened to The Man in the Moon. I wanted him to know that what he does made a difference in my life.

Instead I just shook his hand and thanked him for putting on a great show.
If I had something important to say, why would I put it all the way down here?
TheCrimsonChin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby oveh on Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:09 pm

Ade Blondie
June fifth 2003.
Venue: Nyhavn, Copenhagen (Outdooresturant area) ca. 11 in the morning, he passed my table.

Conclusion, very very nice guy!!! :D

Not like a swedish friend of mine, who tried to address "dear old uncle Bobby", that same evening, and instead was forced :shock: to talk to some guys that had been pumping iron 8) the previous 12 months.............

Cheers,

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Next

Return to Polls