free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - what is the worst king crimson album?

what is the worst king crimson album?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

What is worst king crimson album?

In The Court Of The Crimson King
1%
In The Wake of Poseidon
3%
Lizard
23%
Islands
20%
Larks' Tongues In Aspic
No votes
Starless And Bible Black
No votes
Red
1%
Discipline
No votes
Beat
18%
Three Of A Perfect Pair
23%
Thrak
4%
The Construcktion Of Light
4%

Total votes : 65

Postby Gilesfan on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:50 am

HDvorak wrote:Lizard. For completists only. It's unfocused and very, very boring!

Lizard gets quite a thrashing around here, but seems to be more popular than McDonald & Giles. Maybe you would like that one better. I think they are both incredible to say the least.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: what is the worst king crimson album?

Postby brainsewage on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:20 am

I almost voted for Beat, but Neal and Jack and Me and Waiting Man saved it. I'd say Three of a Perfect Pair is the most disappointing; it probes into too much new-wave territory that seems so beneath Crimson.
brainsewage
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby EruditeMan on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 am

I'd say the worst is Construkction of Light or Power to Believe, even though I like a lot of tracks on both, and absolutely love some tracks on both.

There's no way the first two albums could even be considered the worst, in my opinion. They're too perfect. The second album gets some flak for being similar to the first, but I think it's good to develop a style and expand on it, which is exactly what In The Wake does. If they made a third album in the exact same vein, it'd be pushing it perhaps.

Lizard and Islands are two of my favorite albums, no idea why these get a lot of hate. Both of them were acquired tastes and I didn't like either upon first listen, but now I'm definitely in love with both front to back. I think all of you are too critical.

I don't get the hate for Beat either, besides Heartbeat it's a very good release. The perfect sequel to Discipline. Even Heartbeat has good music, lyrics are just awful. I like 3OAPP quite a bit as well...

In closing, I will repeat myself. You are all too critical. Lizard, Islands, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair are the top worst albums? Do we even like the same band?
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Indyrod on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 am

EruditeMan wrote:
In closing, I will repeat myself. You are all too critical. Lizard, Islands, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair are the top worst albums? Do we even like the same band?

What do you mean, same band? KC is an evolving band over the years, and it's perfectly natural for Crimheads to like one era over another, or one album over another. for example, I love Construkction of Light AND "Power to Believe" and you call them the worst. So I could ask you the same thing, are we listening to the same band?

btw, I love Lizards and Islands, but I do not like Beat and TOAPP. I don't care for the poppy side of Crim's past, and you do. You can't argue taste, maybe somebody has told you that.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby EruditeMan on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 am

Fair enough, I guess the "same band" comment wasn't well thought out. Fripp certainly has not had the same band. I only call those last two albums the worst because I love them the least however. There hasn't been an era I disliked. There have been eras I disliked at first, but after a while all of them have grown on me to such extremes. I only call those last two the worst also because they're a bit more metal-inspired on certain tracks. I'm not trying to criticize others for having their own opinions, but it just surprises me there's so much hate for albums like Lizard and Islands... to each their own :mrgreen:
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Previous

Return to Polls