free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - what is the worst king crimson album?

what is the worst king crimson album?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

What is worst king crimson album?

In The Court Of The Crimson King
1%
In The Wake of Poseidon
3%
Lizard
23%
Islands
20%
Larks' Tongues In Aspic
No votes
Starless And Bible Black
No votes
Red
1%
Discipline
No votes
Beat
18%
Three Of A Perfect Pair
23%
Thrak
4%
The Construcktion Of Light
4%

Total votes : 65

what is the worst king crimson album?

Postby uncle_jonas on Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:21 pm

Every band has the so called worst album, or the album you like the least. Which is that on king crimson studio catalogue?
I'll go for... we'll see I like'em all
uncle_jonas
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby vrooom on Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:23 pm

For me it is a toss-up between Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair.

(You forgot to include "The Power to Believe" in your poll)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:37 pm

vrooom wrote:For me it is a toss-up between Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair.

Darren

I don't hardly even count "Beat" as an album, but I certainly do 3OAPP so it gets my vote. Those are the only two I would even consider as being a "worst" album, all the rest I like very much.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:06 am

Hmmmmmm....cricket bat....hmmmmmmm big Wetton-stuffed Crimson pinata......hmmmmmm....Wetton wasn't on the REALLY bad Crimson albums....

You know what? While ITWOP, Lizard and Islands blow chunks all over the place, I really don't care. They're useless pretentious progwash. So be it. It was the 70's. They didn't know any better.

What really bugs me is that ITCOTCK has gotten so indelibly stamped into the public conciousness as being The Definitive King Crimson Album, so much so that the rest of the band's history, even The Wetton Years, has not gotten its proper recogntion in the big tent.

So, even though it's not the KC worst record, I believe it has done the most damage to the culture's understanding of the Greater Crim and I tick that check mark in this meaningless poll.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Indyrod on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:16 am

The Crimson Avenger wrote:
What really bugs me is that ITCOTCK has gotten so indelibly stamped into the public conciousness as being The Definitive King Crimson Album, so much so that the rest of the band's history, even The Wetton Years, has not gotten its proper recogntion in the big tent.

That may be true with the general music public, that are not who visit forums like this, but for Crimheads who a poll like this is meant for, your statement could not be any further from the truth. I think it's YOU that has ITCOTCK stamped in your brain with such a negative opinion, that you can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't like a poll like this either, but what the hell, it's always good to get in arguments and piss off former band members. :twisted:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Owen on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:30 am

Hmmm...

Personal opinion means jack shit but what the hey...

Thrak. Vrooom was great, Thrak was Vrooom rehashed, weakened-down & with only three or four new tunes. An EP would have been more appropriate IMO. The double trio were not a studio-friendly beast.

My two unimportant meaningless cents,
O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:46 am

Indyrod wrote:
The Crimson Avenger wrote:

That may be true with the general music public, that are not who visit forums like this, but for Crimheads who a poll like this is meant for, your statement could not be any further from the truth. I think it's YOU that has ITCOTCK stamped in your brain with such a negative opinion, that you can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't like a poll like this either, but what the hell, it's always good to get in arguments and piss off former band members. :twisted:

You could look at our polls/discussions like chess. We regularly ask what's the best/worst of Crim. So there's a bunch of well-known opening moves (ToaPP, Islands), a few well-documented gambits (yeah but, if you think about it...), and maybe, just maybe, we wind up someplace interesting. To open with ITCOTCK is like opening with pawn to Queen's rook four...

I'm just wondering if it might stir an interesting conversation.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:50 am

Lizard is my least played. Lizard is my least favorite. I guess that makes it the "worst" to me.

THRAK & 3OAPP are both in my KC top 5.
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby scorched earth on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:34 am

Indyrod wrote:
vrooom wrote:For me it is a toss-up between Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair.

Darren

I don't hardly even count "Beat" as an album, but I certainly do 3OAPP so it gets my vote. Those are the only two I would even consider as being a "worst" album, all the rest I like very much.

But have you heard either of them?

I can understand RF's unfavorable opinion of Beat, but at the time I think it benefited from being released in the afterglow of Discipline and I liked it a lot. "Neurotica", "Neal and Jack and Me", "Sartori in Tangier", "Waiting Man" and "Requiem" are all quality KC pieces as far as I'm concerned. The real disappointment was TOAPP; it's this that Absent Lovers truly rendered superfluous--Industry for example seems to work better live. The only song I really like on TOAPP is Nuages, which seems to express Fripp's sadness that what had seemed so promising came to this. I haven't liked the color yellow since.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby uncle_jonas on Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:22 am

I FORGOT THE POWER TO BELIEVE!!!!! (I didn't put submit when I made the poll)
I can't understand why Lizard is such an underestimated album... I realy love it, it was the one that made me a Crimson big fan...
And yes, three of a perfect pair is not worth the money, but i must admit I bought Neal and Jack and Me and i really like how those songs sound like live, they're awesome! I really want to se some Cross Fripp Wetton Brudford on a dvd, It's surely awesome
uncle_jonas
ProjeKction Acolyte

Next

Return to Polls