free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Phil Collins and King Crimson

Phil Collins and King Crimson

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

should Kc have carried on with that wanker phil collins

no it would have ruined my vision of fripp
19%
sure it would have been great
42%
collins sucks and would have destroyed Kc for ever
34%
no biggie whom ever replaced bill would have been fine
3%

Total votes : 26

Re: Phil Collins and King Crimson

Postby vrooom on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 am

True - no-one complains about Gabriel's "So" album being a sell-out, which is more poppy, more mainstream and more MOR than ANY of the 80s Genesis records.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Geno on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:43 am

jtmack wrote:PG's absence from the (R&RHOF) gig. Which is something I'd loved to have seen one song like, Supers Ready, The Musical Box, Dancing Out With a Moon lit Night, Cinema Show, etc with PG in full costune (never would have happened anyway). Then a song from the PC's lead vocal period.

I dunno. It would be fun to see Peter perform with the others and trade off songs with Phil, but I wouldn't want to see them resurrect the costumes. That should stay in the past.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby vrooom on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:30 am

Geno wrote:It would be fun to see Peter perform with the others and trade off songs with Phil, but I wouldn't want to see them resurrect the costumes.

If the classic group performed now and re-did the stage shows, will it mean that during "The Musical Box" Gabriel will start with a "young man" mask and then whip it off at climax for us to see this grizzled old man face? Think about it.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 am

Geno wrote:
jtmack wrote:PG's absence from the (R&RHOF) gig. Which is something I'd loved to have seen one song like, Supers Ready, The Musical Box, Dancing Out With a Moon lit Night, Cinema Show, etc with PG in full costune (never would have happened anyway). Then a song from the PC's lead vocal period.

I dunno. It would be fun to see Peter perform with the others and trade off songs with Phil, but I wouldn't want to see them resurrect the costumes. That should stay in the past.

Anything would have been nice. PG doesn't have that vibe anymore. A PG-Genesis performance was more than just great music, the theatrics and costumes were the vehicle that made it something very special. Not to say the musical content wasn't outstanding on it's own merit. Have to run...
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Gilesfan on Mon May 17, 2010 2:08 am

Would have been great. Phil Collins is a excellent drummer and musician.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Wyrdskein on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:40 pm

I'm not too keen on Phil's solo music but I love Genesis - particularly 70s Genesis. Not sure why so many hate Phil so much.
Wyrdskein
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Previous

Return to Polls