free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts

Indyrod is a ProjeKction Admin and this is his own personal area.

Moderator: Indyrod

Random Thoughts

Postby Indyrod on Tue May 06, 2003 5:14 pm

It seems interesting to me, those that have an objection to 9-5 type occupations or working habits, are indeed those also who complain/comment about being broke most of the time. :roll:
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Thursday

Postby Indyrod on Thu May 08, 2003 6:13 pm

Folks, I know I've probably been behaving badly as they say, in the past day. My annoyance is of course, because AGAIN, one of our more outrageous members has been doing another HUGE (over sixty posts in one day as of now) barrage at the board. I've noticed also, that very few posts have been made by others during all of this, which is understandable. While most of you just grit your teeth and move on, I have a little problem with doing that. So, instead of being my usual self, I'm going to sit back, shut up, and move on to elsewhere on the Net for now. I welcome all criticizms through PMs to me, I really do. If I deserve getting my ass kicked, please do it, I'm a big boy I assure you. Thank you, and see you in the Listening Room later. :?
Indyrod

The Death of Noel Redding

Postby Indyrod on Tue May 13, 2003 9:47 pm

With the death Sunday, of Noel Redding, the famous bass player for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I came across the following story. Coincidence? You be the judge....

MORE HEAT OVER HENDRIX MUSIC: Former bassist wants his too.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O21E12D84

Story Date: Mar. 5, 2003
*There's a lot of beef going on regarding the estate of our belated brother-man Jimi Hendrix. Though his music is being heard and distributed across the globe, not everyone is happy.

The BBC reports that his bassist, Noel Redding, is asking his lawyer to request royalties from "Experience Hendrix." Redding's lawyer, Ian Grant, says Redding is due up to $5 million for ongoing royalties and the release of recordings.

Grant says Redding was given $100,000 in the 1970s and told there would be no more releases of Jimi Hendrix Experience material. Grant says he'll send a demand letter this week and if Experience Hendrix' estate says they won't pay, he'll take them to court.
Indyrod

Update from previous Random Thought

Postby Indyrod on Thu May 15, 2003 5:40 pm

Just thought I would give you some feedback on my post here concerning the forum flooding. I invited feedback from other members, and I did receive some. It was all positive to my position and comments, not one negative response whatsoever. Several of you said, you didn't want to post on the main forum concerning your feelings, and that is understandable. It doesn't bother me to be outspoken, obviously, but we do need to try and self moderate this forum, when situations arise. Peer pressure is the best way to control this, so imo you should make your opinons known publicly. If you find this uncomfortable, send your opinon to me, and I will post it here, without exposing any identities. It burns my ass to see members turned off to posting, because of the annoying actions being discussed.
Indyrod

FCC, F**king Communist C**ks**kers

Postby Indyrod on Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:28 pm

The FCC today, voted to allow companies like "Clear Channel" yuck to have even more power, by owning multiple radio stations, newspapers, and even television stations in the same market. In otherwords, Time-Warner, or other big conglomerates can own and control practically everything (media wise) you read, hear, or see in your local community. Radio is already a mess, with "CC" owning so many stations, hell, they own most of the radio stations in Indianapolis right now. But with this decision, they can merge with other smaller media outlets, and control most everything. That disturbs me all to hell, how about you?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod

One Thousand Posts

Postby Indyrod on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:49 am

This is not a real big deal folks, because several of you will do it eventually. But just to note the occasion, I'm putting my 1000th post here, as only a reflection of my contribution to FraKctured as a ColleKctive, at this point in time. Posts do get deleted occasionally, so this may or may not still be my 1000th post as of NOW. I like this place obviously, and I like the people very much. Even those I've had the golden opportunity to disagree with on occasion. Debate is good, and difference and diversity of opinion are good. And now, on with the show.....
Indyrod

Friday the 13th-A Birthday

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:31 pm

Hey, it's Friday the 13th, and every few years or so, my Birthday falls on this day. And today is the day. Yep, this old dude is another year older, and meaner than ever. :wink:

My Mother and I were talking a couple days ago, about my birthday being on Friday the 13th this year, and how my late Grandmother always thought that was a special day, because her favorite Grandson's (ME) birthday would occasionally fall on it. My Mother actually thought I was born on Friday the 13th, and I had to remind her, no it was a Thursday. Well, Mom doesn't remember things as well as she used to.

One semi-special Friday the 13th Birthday, was 1980, when I was really into horror/slasher/psycho/sick type of movies, and had started writing movie reviews about them. The original movie "Friday the 13th" was released ON Friday June 13th, 1980, and as a birthday treat, my Wife at the time and I went to see it with friends on that day. Back then, it was sort of a big deal, because those movies were very popular, and seeing "Friday the 13th", on Friday the 13th, my Birthday, was pretty cool. Sounds pretty silly I know, but I bet not many of you have birthdays like that.
Indyrod

Father's Day

Postby Indyrod on Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:25 pm

"Happy Father's Day" to all the Dads out there, and congratulations for being a Father. My Son called me this morning from San Antonio, and everybody is doing very good, so that made my day for sure. My identical twin Granddaughters just finished the 3rd grade, which sounds impossible, and my Step-Granddaughter finished the 6th grade, so time marches on. It's always great to hear from my Son, it certainly puts all of life in the proper perspective.
Indyrod

Almost in "Tears"

Postby Indyrod on Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:57 am

Had an interesting music experience today. The kind that can drive a person like me insane. (a short drive,,,,I know) Anyway, I was watching CNN to catch up on world events, and this commercial kept coming on about a 10-10 long distance telephone service. I wasn't interested in the commercial, but the bumper music they played was a very familiar song. In fact, I've heard this song in several movies, commercials, and other stuff, but I flat out couldn't think of the title, or band. I couldn't even put together any lyrics, although I tried, because the commercial only had the music. What to do, oh, what to do? From previous experiences like this, I called a radio station, that happens to be the station that started my journey toward Crimhood a couple years ago. This was going to be embarrassing, because all I could do, was try to hum or whistle the music playing in my head, and hope they got it fast. So, I called, got the on-air disc jockey, but the worse thing happened, he told me he had two other calls on the line, and he couldn't hear that well through the speaker phone. RATS, I was screwed. I already had done several searches on the Net, trying to piece together some probable lyrics, and I thought it might be Kenny Loggins or Steely Dan. I looked at all the Kenny Loggins songs, but none of them had titles that jogged my memory, and I ruled Steely Dan out pretty fast. And of course, while I was doing all of this, the commercial played a couple more times, driving the dagger even deeper into my soul. I've done this so many times before, and this one was going to finally do me in, I just knew it. What would you do in this situation, since giving up was not an option????

Here it goes... It was a phone service commercial, so I wrote down the toll free number the next time it played, and decided to call them. It was press 1 for this, press 2 for that, you know the drill. The secret on these "Press 1" deals, is to just press zero, to finally get a human voice, which I did. Ok, all service reps are busy, stay on the line for the next available human. Some guy finally answers, can I help you. I said, well, this is going to sound pretty crazy, but I was watching your commercial, and is there a number I can call, to find out what the music is playing during it. He paused for a second, then said to my disbelief, can you wait a couple minutes, because we've had some other calls like yours. I was floored, I couldn't believe it. He was gone for a few minutes, then got back on apologizing about the delay. I'm just about to have a heart attack, and he says, it is Tears for Fears, "Everybody Wants to Save the World". I would have kissed the dude, had he been within reach. Using my considerable skills tracking down music on FTP sites, I found the song on a server. It took quite a while, to finally connect with the FTP server, but I did, and downloaded the song via my slow dialup connection. I'll probably never play the song again, but I felt like I had just won the lottery.

Is it just me? I bet not, because the guy on the phone, already told me other people had called in about the song. I've gone through this very same scenario countless times, sometimes spending hours trying relieve my brain of this torture. All because of a single song, that I couldn't think of the title, or the band. Thank the Lord, I am free at last, until at least, the next time the same thing happens.
Indyrod

Postby Indyrod on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:53 am

This just happened. I live next to a major avenue on the far eastside of the city, for ambulances, firetrucks, and police cars, so I hear a lot of sirens. I was upstairs looking North, when I heard and saw a firetruck coming southbound. Just a few seconds later, another firetruck came roaring by northbound. All the years I've lived at this address, and I've never ever seen that. Doesn't seem like the best use of emergency vehicles to me. :roll:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod

Next

Return to Indyrod's Random Thoughts