free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Robert Fripp and other ramblings

Robert Fripp and other ramblings

Indyrod is a ProjeKction Admin and this is his own personal area.

Moderator: Indyrod

Robert Fripp and other ramblings

Postby Indyrod on Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:51 am

RF to me, is the finest guitarist and innovator in today's music. He performs and composes the most difficult music in the music world today. King Crimson represents the best in music, and those loyal followers know what I mean.

It doesn't bother me how he appears on stage, as long as he appears on stage.

RF should receive an award, for keeping the name King Crimson alive for over 30 years. That's a milestone to the world of music history, and lucky for us, we are Crimheads. I became aware of the unique greatness of KC after listening to "Discipline" the first time. I couldn't believe what I just heard, and it is still my favorite KC Album. The single song that got my interest in Crim was "Court of Crimson King". My favorite KC song is "Starless", and it's also my favorite song, period. I'll go into that later, but RF deserves so much credit, for making possible for us to love the band known as King Crimson.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Yes Sir, Mr. Fripp, yes sir Buddy....

Postby Indyrod on Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:12 am

Reading Fripp's Diary is an addictive process. And he seems to not be enjoying himself much on this tour. Nevertheless, of course Crimheads enjoy seeing him anyway. :?

Indyrod

Trey to be Fired,,,oh know, here come the dark years!!!!

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:04 am

The idiotic rumours that developed about Trey quiting Crim, being replaced by Levin, and being fired are so ridiculous, I can't believe a major Internet Crimson News source would actually publish it as news. But, what do I know.... It all started from an entry in Fripp's diary, which I took as a joke from Fripp. But, noooo, it's taken as a major assault towards Trey in the rumour mill, and that's absolutely crazy as hell even considering. Anyway, there's certainly more good news about Crim right now, than resorting to stupid ass reporting like that. sheesh, let Fripp have a little fun once in a while............... :twisted:

PS-I thought I heard where P@ was being replaced by Bruford, and will become a drool [originally reported as slobber in translation] bucket worker in Outer Mongolia for the ruling leader. It's always been a goal of P@, but he will still do gigs with Terry Bozzio. You heard it first here...

Indyrod

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:13 am

Just to make it clear, the original translation was "slobber" as reported by my Turdwillstand informant, but a further interpretation (thanks to Dub), reveals "drool" to be the correct translation. This sounds a little like an SNL skit several years ago, but hopefully this is not a farce. Whether it's a farce or not, we will of course report it as NEWS. :idea:
Indyrod

EXTREME...BREAKING NEWS...STOP EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:16 am

Well, I usually don't make this many updates so close together, but the news is coming in fast and totally without Spin, just like Bill O'Reilly. It's been reported, right here at FraKctured by a key news reporter from that place that reports KC news, that the story regarding Trey being fired, is an underground GC only, secretly guarded secret. That's right, there's a real story, behind the story, but we have to wait for the TV movie on Fox. Ok, so this so-called news organization wants to report news, withdraw it, and give no explanation at all, except, "IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED, YOU WOULD (fill in the blanks)". hmmm, isn't that kind of the function of news, to tell us, the "IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED" background, so we could make our own conclusions?
Indyrod

The Story Continues...

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:26 pm

As was reported in the "Other Place" thread, this story has reached super bizarre levels. The facts as reported by a key reporter for that NEWS PLACE, is that the original story came directly from the band. It was not revealed, WHO, but it was reported the NEWS PLACE sent an e-mail to RF for confirmation, or explanation. Without getting that confirmation from the only person on Earth that could give the story any credibility, the NEWS PLACE posted it as NEWS anyway. Fripp responded to the story in his diary, instead of doing what he should have done, and reported back to the NEWS PLACE. So, the NEWS PLACE comes out looking "less than professional", because they publish an unsubstantiated message from a band member.

Will we ever know who the band member was, if it was indeed a band member that started this all, or will we just have to think somebody in the band went wacko? It's still a big story, in the world of Crim, because the NEWS PLACE has confirmed the orginal message came from THE BAND. Not a rumour, as previously thought, but an actual communication from THE BAND. I hope RF sees the importance of clarifying this bizarre incident, and reveal what the fuck is going on at some point. Don't YOU???
Indyrod

Happy Birthday Robert

Postby Indyrod on Fri May 16, 2003 3:33 am

An early Happy 57th Birthday to Robert Fripp, born May 16, 1946.

A great year to be born.
Indyrod

Lament

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:05 am

I'm starting to worry about Robert. I mean, he doesn't seem to be happy at all, in regard to King Crimson. As majestic as all of us fans are, Robert seems to be starting to slow down. Yes, he hates the touring, the contracts, all the day to day bullshit, and gigs are just gigs, nothing special. Just a means to satisfy contractual obligations. I hope he decides the second leg of the US tour is important, if KC intends to be any force in the music industry. If it's meant to be, it will happen, if not, there's more than a lifetime's worth of Crim music to satisfy any soul. Such is the life of a Crimhead, nothing more, nothing less....
Indyrod

Return to Indyrod's Random Thoughts