free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - New Music Purchases and Concert Tickets

New Music Purchases and Concert Tickets

Indyrod is a ProjeKction Admin and this is his own personal area.

Moderator: Indyrod

New Music Purchases and Concert Tickets

Postby Indyrod on Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:16 am

Here's where I'll keep track of my new arrivals, and maybe a review or two. This week so far:

Miles Davis-"Bitches Brew Sessions" 4cd Box Set
Amazing, groundbreaking, not for the faint of heart. Grammy winning packaging, just awesome.

Miles Davis-"Live Evil" 2cds
Not listened yet

Opeth-"Blackwater Park"
Following my quest for all that is Steven Wilson, the first listen was quite positive, in otherwords, I like it. Brings back some fond memories of my thrash and speed metal dayz.

Opeth-"Deliverance"
Not listened yet

MasTica-MasTicAttack
back order from DGM, just came in, looking forward to this one.

Philip Glass-"Symphony No. 3", also including "Interlude No. 1 and Interlude No. 2 from CIVIL warS", "Mechanical Ballet from The Voyage", and "The Light."

Purchased yesterday my ticket to see the Tony Levin Band, March 25th, at the Patio

Received my ticket to see the new Philip Glass Symphony No. 5, performed by the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, next Friday, March 7th.
Last edited by Indyrod on Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Saturday

Postby Indyrod on Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:08 am

Just placed another order including:

O.S.I. Office Of Strategic Influence
Sean Malone (Gordian Knot) and Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree). Has to be Pure ecstacy.

Miles Davis-Dark Magus: Live At Carnegie Hall
Recommended by Dub

Miles Davis-We Want Miles
Watched the Bravo "Miles Davis Story" again today, and had to get this album, with the song "Jean Pierre".
Indyrod

Preorders

Postby Indyrod on Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:18 am

Forgot to mention these preorders.

from DGM
King Crimson-The Power to Believe (due 3-04-03)

Bozzio/Mastelotto

Other sources:

Porcupine Tree-Coma Divine Expanded Edition Double CD (Due Now)

No-Man-Together We're Stranger (Due 3-31-03)

Bass Communion Remixed (Due 4-01-03)

Note: Both No-Man and Bass Communion are Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree projects.
Indyrod

Magma

Postby Indyrod on Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:21 am

Heard about "Happy Family" from Thela, which led to a slight interest in possible future Magma. Then mogroove starts yipping about Magma, so today I joined the Magma parade. So here it goes:

Purchased Magma's "Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh" from a store within Amazon (new).

Won an Ebay auction tonite for Magma's "Live", the Import Double CD, featuring the following tracks:

1. Köhntark (Part One) - 15:45
2. Köhntark (Part Two) - 16:14
3. Ëmëhntëht-Rê - 8:10
disc 1 time 40:09

1. Hhaï - 9:20
2. Kobah - 6:36
3. Lïhns - 4:55
4. Da Zeuhl Wortz Mekanïk - 6:14
5. Mëkanïk Zaïn - 18:57
disc 2 time 46:02.

Newly Received
King Crimson-The Power to Believe
Bozzio/Mastelotto
O.S.I.-Office Of Strategic Influence
Porcupine Tree "Live"-Coma Divine (Expanded Edition-2CD)
Miles Davis-Dark Magus

Back Order

Pre-Order
Indyrod

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:32 am

Ordered:

Sigur Ros-()
Sigur Ros-Agaetis Byrjun

Tunnels-Progressivity

Waiting On Shipment:
Magma's-"Live" (Double CD)
Magma's-"Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh"

Back Order

Pre-Order
Indyrod

Postby Indyrod on Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:28 am

On Order

Christian Vander (Magma)-Wurdah Itah (1974)
While this is listed as a 'solo' release by Magma's founder, this is, for all intents & purposes, the fourth Magma album, having been released between M.D.K. and Kohntarkhoz. Stripped down to the barest essentials of electric and acoustic pianos (all played by Christian), bass by Janick Top, choir (Vander, Klaus Blasquiz and Rene Garber)and drums by Vander, this is the purest, distilled essence of the Magma ethos.

Magma-Udu Wudu (1976)
This is the last ''real'' Magma disc, recorded as the band was collapsing. But it includes the side long smoker ''De Futura'', which launched a thousand zeuhl bands on their careers....Be prepared for some intense listening, as these all feature amazing playing & a truly twisted vision.

Comments from http://www.waysidemusic.com

Recently Received

Magma-"Live" (Double CD)
Magma-"Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh"

Sigur Ros-()
Sigur Ros-Agaetis Byrjun

Tunnels-Progressivity

Henry Fool-self titled
(This is another collaboration project by Tim Bowness of No-Man. This outstanding Symphonic Rock release includes:
Tim Bowness-Vocals Guitar
Peter Chilvers-Fretless Bass
Fudge Smith (Pendragon)-Drums
Mike Bearpark-Specialized Guitars
Stephen Bennett-misc. electronica, reeds, keyboards, Mellotron
Myke Clifford-Saxophone, Flute, Echo Flute
Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)-Mixing)

Back Order

Pre-Order
Indyrod

Postby Indyrod on Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:41 pm

Update to previous post to include Henry Fool, which I forgot to include in "Recently Received".
Indyrod

Nick Drake

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:03 pm

Was reading the No-Man forum yesterday, and a discussion was going on about Nick Drake, and which album to use as a starter. Since I've heard many discussions at the "old place" regarding Drake's music, I decided to check it out. So, add to my on order from Ebay list, Nick Drake's Pink Moon and Five Leaves Left

Nothing new received since "Henry Fool", been watching the coverage of the War, and just not that interested in music at the moment. This will change of course, probably later today.
Indyrod

Today

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:20 pm

On Order

Nick Drake-Five Leaves Left

Got tired of waiting on cduniverse to come through, and jet gave me a link to a much better deal, and availability. I ordered from http://www.redtrumpet.com the Japanese release, details are:

Mile's 1981 effort won him a Grammy Award for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance by a Soloist in 1982.

This CD is part of the highly limited Miles Davis Mastersound Series from Japan, is mastered using DSD technology. For those that did not purchase the earlier Miles titles these are not to be missed!
DSD mastering brings these historical recordings to a new sonic level.

Recently Received

Nick Drake-Pink Moon

Christian Vander (Magma)-Wurdah Itah (1974)
While this is listed as a 'solo' release by Magma's founder, this is, for all intents & purposes, the fourth Magma album, having been released between M.D.K. and Kohntarkhoz. Stripped down to the barest essentials of electric and acoustic pianos (all played by Christian), bass by Janick Top, choir (Vander, Klaus Blasquiz and Rene Garber)and drums by Vander, this is the purest, distilled essence of the Magma ethos.

Magma-Udu Wudu (1976)
This is the last ''real'' Magma disc, recorded as the band was collapsing. But it includes the side long smoker ''De Futura'', which launched a thousand zeuhl bands on their careers....Be prepared for some intense listening, as these all feature amazing playing & a truly twisted vision.

Comments from http://www.waysidemusic.com

Magma-"Live" (Double CD)
Magma-"Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh"

Sigur Ros-()
Sigur Ros-Agaetis Byrjun

Tunnels-Progressivity

Henry Fool-self titled
(This is another collaboration project by Tim Bowness of No-Man. This outstanding Symphonic Rock release includes:
Tim Bowness-Vocals Guitar
Peter Chilvers-Fretless Bass
Fudge Smith (Pendragon)-Drums
Mike Bearpark-Specialized Guitars
Stephen Bennett-misc. electronica, reeds, keyboards, Mellotron
Myke Clifford-Saxophone, Flute, Echo Flute
Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)-Mixing)

Pre-Order
Indyrod

Smokin' Granny

Postby Indyrod on Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:33 am

Guess I made my last update a little too soon, because shortly after I decided to go ahead and order the Smokin' Granny I had been thinking about. I've been trading e-mails the past couple of days, with Brian Preston, the bassist for SG. That's a long story why we were communicating, so I'll just say, he's a very nice man, and quite friendly. I believe SG used to be sold at DGM, and they have an outstanding track from the newest release I first heard on Krimson News Radio. It's called "Tarth Shooke", which is also the name of the album. This is knock your socks off fusion, but with a very unique flavor to Smokin' Granny, and a little Crimson touch added to the flavor. I've never heard a band that has the sound or style of SG, it's really worth checking out. The best place to buy these releases, is http://www.waysidemusic.com .

So, add to my On Order:

Smokin' Granny-Tarth Shooke
2nd and best so far from this North Carolina quintet of saxes/Midi wind controller, electric guitar (Steve Hatch from Volare), acoustic guitar, bass and drums. They use a lot of room in their music for improvisations of a 'stretching out variety', but this is by no means a strictly improvised music album. Three of the five have recorded and performed music together for over 15 years, and " they have a psychic-like ability to create improvisational music with a deep groove and dynamic textures and melodies." I hear that they knocked 'em dead at Progday 2001, & listening to this, I can see why! [Metaphoric Music]

Smokin' Granny-Sirus Matter
First CD by this North Carolina quintet. This is fun and good, but you should definitely start with Tarth Shooke. "The inventive scope of Sirius Matter indicates why Smokin' Granny...is one of the more inventive fusion projects of 1999...highly recommmended"-David Lewis/Cadence Magazine. [Metaphoric Music]

Comments from Wayside Music
Indyrod

Next

Return to Indyrod's Random Thoughts