free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - If you have nothing to say, think of something.

If you have nothing to say, think of something.

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

If you have nothing to say, think of something.

Postby scorched earth on Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:36 pm

I actually get to be the first person to post in this new, but suspiciously familiar looking place. Too bad I have nothing to say.

Somebody think of something.
Last edited by scorched earth on Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Best foot forward, eh?

Postby vrooom on Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:44 pm

Thanks for christening the new GB!

Yes, it looks familiar.

Yes, it is the same GB script that the other place uses (this GB script is widely available and is the most stable, configurable one around, hence my choice).

But we've got something that the other place doesn't have... NO MODERATORS.

Whoo-hooo!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:51 pm

Feel free to change the topic to General Discussion or whatever. As the first to post I had to make up the topic, and as I had nothing to call it....
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

I quite like it

Postby vrooom on Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:04 pm

I think I'll keep it how it is...it's nice and spontaneous...and I like sponaneous...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Congrats to Darren..

Postby Indyrod on Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:17 pm

Just to let you know I'm on board, and great job on the newest GB script :!:
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Ta-ta

Postby vrooom on Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:27 pm

Thanks, I didn't necessarily want to use phpBB (for that's what this script is called) but I had a nose around and this really was the best one out there. ;-)

Now I've put my hand in my pocket and paid for the PHP function, I am looking into allsorts of other PHP goodies with which to torment you with!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Re: Best foot forward, eh?

Postby scorched earth on Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:33 pm

vrooom wrote:But we've got something that the other place doesn't have... NO MODERATORS.

Not that you would know it really, not much moderating going on at KCNN, aside form the one recent attempt to change things. And I could have the honor of being the only one to have a post deleted by a moderator there.

But...the Guestbook there is white and this one is black. :lol:

Maybe that's appropriate. They are more public, linked to from the DGM site, one of the first sites to come up in a Google search, pretty well known as a source of info on KC. The more public the space one is speaking in, the more guarded one needs to be. If I hated the new KC album would I want to broadcast that on KCNN, no not really.

Something smaller can also be something warmer.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:48 pm

Something smaller can also be something warmer.

All together now......

GROUP HUG

How that's for warmth?

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Dubbie on Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:41 am

I imagine that Kram will have something to say about that...

Cool, Darren. This places smells familiar. But sweeter. I knew something was up when I couldn't post yesterday.

Just listened to Lou Reed's new album "Raven", a big celebration of the works of Poe. Amazing album. Only Louey could pull off something like that. I've been listening to a lot of Hammill lately - feeling melancholy, I suppose - and this album from LR is like bitter icing on the cake. Yum.

Well, I think I'll go check out the new digs for awhile.

-Dubbie
Dubbie
ProjeKction Cognoscente

Three men went to Poe...

Postby vrooom on Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:15 am

So what do you reckon on The Raven? It's got a big all-star cast on it, like Lou Reed's Mrs, Laurie Anderson. I've heard mixed reviews, some saying it good, some saying it was a bit ambitious.

Good to hear you are listening to Peter Hammill. You should pick up his interpretation of The Fall of the House of Usher. Not heard it myself, but he remixed/reissued a couple of years back (I think it was originally released in the early nineties).

What have I been listening to?

Hmmm, not much really. Been pulling all this together. But I have some Micheal Brook/Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan installed on my Xbox, which I listen to when I am wasting my time, playing computer games. It's a hard life!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Next

Return to Main Guestbook