free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - adventure, venture unto JOY

adventure, venture unto JOY

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: adventure, venture unto JOY

Postby Indyrod on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:32 pm

vrooom wrote:
Geno wrote:I can't imagine why anyone would Most of it was the weakest music they ever did

You are either stupid or drunk. Or stupidly drunk...

Now sober up before I punch you in the throat.

have to admit, I have no idea where Geno is coming from. there is NO music KC has done since, that even compares with 69-74. that was their finest, strongest, and most amazing music of any KC era, imo. :?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby jtmack on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:57 pm

vrooom wrote:
Geno wrote:I can't imagine why anyone would Most of it was the weakest music they ever did

You are either stupid or drunk. Or stupidly drunk...

Now sober up before I punch you in the throat.

I don't know about "the weakest music" there is at least some weak uninteresting material from that era. But I do agree the newer forward looking stuff is preferred. Something really new might be better, problem that hasn't happened for over a decade. We'll have to wait and see if Mister grumpy pants / friends can pull it off. I hope so cause I have really good seats....
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Geno on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Ok, bad phrasing. I meant that most of the weakest music they ever made was during those first five years.

Ironclaw wrote:It is certainly a matter of taste ... in spite of anything and everything said by whomever, there was indeed something both EXTRAORDINARY and ASTONISHING "at the heart" of 69-74 Crim.

Also very true. There was a lot of flailing and grinding onwards for the sake of momentum more than music, but a lot of greatness as well (a little at the beginning, most toward the end). Those last three albums are pretty much unimpeachable.

As you say, a matter of taste.

jtmack wrote:I don't know about "the weakest music" there is at least some weak uninteresting material from that era. But I do agree the newer forward looking stuff is preferred.

This is mainly what I meant. On principle I'd prefer to stick with the recent(-ish) past than the more distant past, great stuff or not.
Last edited by Geno on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Ironclaw on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:00 am

Geno:

Thanks for responding to some measured words and not just to that punch in the throat. Your clarification is appreciated. And seeing as 69-74 includes Poseidon-Lizard-Island, I can somewhat agree.

Fripp has posted by vid that the music must be new, whenever it was written.

I've finally re-listened to "Venturing Pt 1" and the drums closely resemble LTIA Pt 1, the bass less-so, while the guitar has more in common with the sound of "Level Five", to be more specific. The last note before it cuts out makes me wonder if they weren't about to launch into part II...Maybe it should have been called "Larks Ascending to The Fifth Level Pt 1" ?? Now I'm starting to think that if "Venturing Pt 1" actually was their take on Larks 1, then murdering it for the sake of resurrecting it on a new level could be a good thing.
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Previous

Return to Main Guestbook