free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - No Pussyfooting

No Pussyfooting

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

No Pussyfooting

Postby Krimzep on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:59 am

So I have always wondered why the title No Pussyfooting. I think I have a clue

In The 1961 adaptation of Babes In Toyland there were three characters who played the evil Villains. In one scene the lead villain literally says we must now go pussyfooting and they start prancing about.

I wonder if this was his inspiration for the title No Pussyfooting or in other words No Prancing About.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: No Pussyfooting

Postby Ironclaw on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:40 am

I think it basically means something like the line from Talking Heads' "This ain't no fooling around…."
At the time Fripp thought it was the best thing he'd ever done.

On the other hand I think it must be a double-meaning sort of joke just as pervy as it sounds.
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Krimzep on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:36 am

Ironclaw wrote:I think it basically means something like the line from Talking Heads' "This ain't no fooling around…."
At the time Fripp thought it was the best thing he'd ever done.

On the other hand I think it must be a double-meaning sort of joke just as pervy as it sounds.

Thats what I was thinking, like he had seen that sometime in his life and used it as a way to say we're not fucking around here.

The lead villain (Ray Bolger) says it quite a few times. The minute he said it Kc came to mind.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Ironclaw on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Your hypothesis seems plausible. I may have to check out the movie. Is it any good?
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Krimzep on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 am

Ironclaw wrote:Your hypothesis seems plausible. I may have to check out the movie. Is it any good?

Its an old Disney film staring Annette Funicello and Ray Bolger, the guy who played the scarecrow in The Wizard Of Oz. I just found it very funny that they would say let us pussyfoot away.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Main Guestbook