free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Lizard T-Shirt and Earthbound Debate

Lizard T-Shirt and Earthbound Debate

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Lizard T-Shirt and Earthbound Debate

Postby Indyrod on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 pm

received the DGM newsletter, and they have a fantastic offer for you. oh yea, a new white with panels from the Lizard album cover, front and back.

"KING ON THE FRONT, CRIMSON ON THE BACK
We have received numerous requests through the years to offer a version of the Lizard shirt which highlights particular panels to show greater detail of this stunning artwork. Using new printing techniques, we offer a white version of this shirt with the "KING" panel on the front and the "CRIMSON" panel on the back; both large enough to show much detail. Frequent Fliers automatically receive a $2.00 discount off the price listed for this shirt. If you are designated a Frequent Flier in our system (for details, please email us at mailorder@dgmlive.com), the discounted price will automatically be applied at check out."

don't really know if I'm a frequent flier or not, but $30 for that t-shirt? :shock:
http://store.nexternal.com/dgm/t-shirt- ... p1337.aspx
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Re: Lizard T-Shirt

Postby Krimzep on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 pm

The shirt looks like high quality fabric but icbw, imagine charging for two shirts because its printed on both sides :roll:
Last edited by Krimzep on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Earthbound Debate

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:40 am

I would buy a silver on black Earthbound shirt ( or especially a HAT!!!!!) in a heartbeat!!!! I already own a Poseidon T from waaaay back, with the front and back mixed up, and waaay too much red mixed in.....
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby steven on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 am

Earthbound...hell yeah!!!! I love that album, it was my cherry breaker for KC back when it was new...a guy I knew from college played it for me and, shazzam, I was hooked! Went out and bought all the KC album that preceded it. I had heard ITCOCK but not enough blazing Jimi guitar..it has taken me 40 some years at least to fully appreciate the musical genius of KC....it's still seeping in as we speak =)
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Indyrod on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:10 pm

ChewChewGumChew wrote:I would buy a silver on black Earthbound shirt ( or especially a HAT!!!!!) in a heartbeat!!!! I already own a Poseidon T from waaaay back, with the front and back mixed up, and waaay too much red mixed in.....

in my ever increasing age, and so on, I forget Chew, weren't you and I in the minority on really liking the "Earthbound" album. the most underrated live album in the catalog, imo.

and I see Steven is a pretty big fan too... :wink:

Indyrod

Postby steven on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Earthbound has, to my ears, the BEST live version of 21CSM there is, with Boz singing through a ring modulator, and Mel Collins' sax solo conjures up a dark, smoky 50's jazz club. The improvs are wonderful as well. One thing that struck me about the album when it came out was that KC had the audacity to simply stick a tape in a cassette recorder and put it out as an album. That was in the days when pompous ass bands would disappear into the studio for months or years at a time working on some new opus....Earthbound was an exciting change of pace. Plus, remember it was the early 70's, when there was a dearth of music worth listening to. Nice to know others love it, too!
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Awesome t-shirt, though it is pricey...

steven:
I love Earthbound too, and I don't remember that because I wasn't alive during the 70s, but what do you mean there was a dearth of music worth listening to? My favorite artists seem to all come from the 60s and 70s. Crimson, Yes, Gentle Giant, Grateful Dead, Simon / Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, etc

If anything it seems like every decade after the 70s had a dearth of music worth listening to, except Crimson of course.
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby steven on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 pm

EM, in the late 50's and the 60's rock music was still being invented, and something new and exciting was happening all the time. As an example of how different things were then, I remember a TV commercial for the Captain Beefheart album "Lick My Decals Off, Baby." That kinda stalled out in the early 70's IMHO, which gave birth to the dreaded 'disco era', at which point I gave up listening to most modern music and listened mostly to blues and jazz. There were still some bands that I liked, some of which you mention, but most were commercial pop crap. Then, Uncle Bobby did the unthinkable and disbanded my favorite KC in 1974. It was down hill for me after that. "Muskrat Love", "Afternoon Delight", "Pina Colada Song".....aaarrrgh, I'm getting nauseous as I type this...
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 pm

steven wrote:EM, in the late 50's and the 60's rock music was still being invented, and something new and exciting was happening all the time. As an example of how different things were then, I remember a TV commercial for the Captain Beefheart album "Lick My Decals Off, Baby." That kinda stalled out in the early 70's IMHO, which gave birth to the dreaded 'disco era', at which point I gave up listening to most modern music and listened mostly to blues and jazz. There were still some bands that I liked, some of which you mention, but most were commercial pop crap. Then, Uncle Bobby did the unthinkable and disbanded my favorite KC in 1974. It was down hill for me after that. "Muskrat Love", "Afternoon Delight", "Pina Colada Song".....aaarrrgh, I'm getting nauseous as I type this...

Thank you, very informative for someone born in the 90s like myself. I suppose there'll always be bad popular music, but now that I think about it, the music I like from the 70s onward isn't usually popular. It's mostly the less well known bands with cult followings... but from the 50s and 60s I love the pop music.
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Indyrod on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

steven wrote:Earthbound has, to my ears, the BEST live version of 21CSM there is, with Boz singing through a ring modulator, and Mel Collins' sax solo conjures up a dark, smoky 50's jazz club. The improvs are wonderful as well. One thing that struck me about the album when it came out was that KC had the audacity to simply stick a tape in a cassette recorder and put it out as an album. That was in the days when pompous ass bands would disappear into the studio for months or years at a time working on some new opus....Earthbound was an exciting change of pace. Plus, remember it was the early 70's, when there was a dearth of music worth listening to. Nice to know others love it, too!

very well said, and I totally agree with you on Earthboud. the live version of 21CSM was never ever done better, in fact, the whole concert was pretty incredible imho.

Indyrod

Next

Return to Main Guestbook