free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Lizard T-Shirt and Earthbound Debate

Lizard T-Shirt and Earthbound Debate

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

Re: Lizard T-Shirt and Earthbound Debate

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Sun May 05, 2013 1:43 am

At THIS point, I wouldn't buy it based on all the downloads I have, but how cool would a "Great Deceiver"-type box of the 71/72 Crim have been?
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Indyrod on Sun May 05, 2013 3:09 pm

ChewChewGumChew wrote:At THIS point, I wouldn't buy it based on all the downloads I have, but how cool would a "Great Deceiver"-type box of the 71/72 Crim have been?

it would have been a must-buy, imo.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby steven on Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm

ChewChewGumChew wrote:At THIS point, I wouldn't buy it based on all the downloads I have, but how cool would a "Great Deceiver"-type box of the 71/72 Crim have been?

That would have been a wonderful box set!!!! Also, there is no download available of the show which 21CSM comes from. There is one from the same date, but apparently there was an early and late show that day, and the download is not the one used for Earthbound.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby EruditeMan on Mon May 06, 2013 1:17 am

Indyrod wrote:

it would have been a must-buy, imo.

Well there IS Ladies of the Road, which is great... with all the different "Schizoid Men" mashed up and flowing into each other, the last one being the Earthbound one...
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby steven on Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 am

The thing I loved most about Earthbound when it first came out, and seems to be supported by subsequent writings by Uncle Bobby much later, is that it was sorta like "dude, here is a tape of my new band, lemme know what ya think."
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Krimzep on Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 pm

FWITW, Live at Summit Studio is far better overall.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby steven on Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Summit Studios is excellent, but no mellotron :( sound quality is fantastic though.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Krimzep on Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 pm

steven wrote:Summit Studios is excellent, but no mellotron :( sound quality is fantastic though.

I used to have an mp3 version of that show which if I remember correctly was recorded from outside the booth (yes a different source than the one being sold). I can remember hearing a guy say "I guess were gonna get an encore" or something like that, and I also seem to remember a much longer Creator. I lost the files years ago and have not seen that version since.

I found it on one of the first music download programs called Audio Galaxy, anyone remember that old horse?
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby steven on Tue May 07, 2013 4:02 pm

That would be interesting to hear just for audience comments and so forth. I'll try and find it. Are you saying Creator has been edited on the DGM disc?
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Krimzep on Wed May 08, 2013 12:04 am

steven wrote:That would be interesting to hear just for audience comments and so forth. I'll try and find it. Are you saying Creator has been edited on the DGM disc?

Nope, I'm not saying the DGM edited anything, If I am correct the one being sold at DGM is from a different source like from the board and then there would be another source taped from outside the recording booth where the guests sit. icbw but I can remember saying to myself that live at summit is different from the DGM version because of the comments and longer creator. who knows :?:

I wish I had those files today :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Krimzep on Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Main Guestbook