free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - 40th Anniversary series question....need help

40th Anniversary series question....need help

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

40th Anniversary series question....need help

Postby steven on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:48 am

First of all, I am an idiot when it comes to electronic stuff. My question is, how can I access the audio stuff on the DVDs that come in the 40th Anniversary series? I only have a simple CD player and a computer. When I explore the DVD, it has audio tracks, but when I play them in VLC media player, they have no bearing to the playlists in the booklet. Can any of you all shed some light on how to extract the audio, or am I just buggered? Thank you in advance.......
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Re: 40th Anniversary series question....need help

Postby Geno on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 am

I haven't tried to extract audio from a DVD in ages, but I remember it working pretty smoothly with a shareware program (I'm pretty sure it was this one) to convert the info into flac or mp3 instead of just reading straight from the disk. I'm sure there are plenty of similar things out there that could work.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby steven on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Indyrod on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 am

I use the AVS4YOU package of utilities, which includes an audio converter which easily rips only the audio from any dvd or video into your choice of audio formats. I use the different utilities included for all audio and video stuff, and you can position it anywhere you want on a dvd and rip just the audio for however long you want. You might need something to get by the copy protection on somethings, but that's not much of a problem. Of course I'm only referring to dvds you OWN. :wink:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby steven on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:39 am

Thank you, Indy. What i was trying to do was just listen to the extra stuff that i paid for on these CD/DVD sets, which were not apparent to me at first. Not trying to pick Uncle Bobby's pocket, just get what I paid for. I think I have figured it out...thanks for your input, brother!
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Return to Main Guestbook