free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - The End of the KCCC

The End of the KCCC

Welcome to the main discussion zone. Post all your general messages here. While you do not need to be a member to read this guestbook, membership is required for you to post messages here. Membership is FREE and no personal data is required.

The End of the KCCC

Postby steven on Thu May 03, 2012 12:42 am

From DGM:

Following the various comments on the guestbook, I can confirm that the Collectors Club will draw to an exciting, honourable close at Club50. Club 46 The Marquee 1972, (one of the best sounding shows of the RF/Boz/Ian/Mel line-up) will be the last audio-only release. The last four Collectors Club releases will be DVDs (possibly with accompanying CDs), of which the first of which, Club47, will be a DVDA with footage of two shows in Buenos Aires in 1994.

So the reluctant completists are nearly there.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Re: The End of the KCCC

Postby vrooom on Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 am

Huzzah!

I'll soon be free of the curse of the KCCC. Then I can sell my complete collection on eBay for $1... :roll:
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 am

vrooom wrote:Huzzah!

I'll soon be free of the curse of the KCCC. Then I can sell my complete collection on eBay for $1... :roll:

Yeah, how can you beat DGM Live when they convert all KCCC into downloadable merchandise?
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby nisimoto on Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 am

Delete the last 2 Cs please.
nisimoto
ProjeKction Sensei

Postby vrooom on Thu May 03, 2012 2:27 am

diderot wrote:
vrooom wrote:Huzzah!

Yeah, how can you beat DGM Live when they convert all KCCC into downloadable merchandise?

Yes, that kind of defeated the purpose of the club when we were buying CDs and then the download version appears.

Today, I cancelled my order from DGM for the next Club 47 release (the DVD one). Instead, I ordered it from Burning Shed and saved myself nearly £10.

Yes, that's how much of a rip-off DGM is in regards of their postage rates. The shame, the shame...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby steven on Thu May 03, 2012 3:57 am

Darren, I know what you mean. I live in California (yuck) close enough to drive to DGM's physical location. When I have ordered stuff from them that's not a pre-order, it arrives the next day usually. But the shipping charges are retarded. On top of that, I refuse to pay the 8.75% tribute to the state of Communistfornia since DGM is located here. My last order was from Burning Shed, it arrived almost as fast, cheaper, and no strong armed robbery from the state of California that takes me money and gives it to the "undocumented aliens" flooding our state looking for a free handout. I'm happy to spend my money in the country we descended from, screw "Norteno Mexico." What do you wanna bet the price of the last few releases rises exponentially, to where Club 50 requires the sacrifice of a virgin? I'm out, they don't have those in Cali....LOL :bj:
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby steven on Thu May 03, 2012 4:06 am

To be followed by the release of the 45th Anniversary Edition KCCC discs remastered by SW, act now and you will receive, at no extra charge, KCCC 16 at proper speed, which you were supposed to get a replacement fore free the first time around but only got a download instead.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby diderot on Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 am

Burning Shed used to be a good option when they had fair shipping cost. Now they 'suggests' that you insure your order when they have to ship it to South America and other countries.

As they said Club 47 will have a broad distribution probably I'll get it from Amazon...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 am

steven wrote:To be followed by the release of the 45th Anniversary Edition KCCC discs remastered by SW, act now and you will receive, at no extra charge, KCCC 16 at proper speed, which you were supposed to get a replacement fore free the first time around but only got a download instead.

At this pace 3oaPP will be released as 45th Anniversary Edition!

Concerning Club 16, between the deleted physical release and the download I found a Russian bootleg.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Geno on Thu May 03, 2012 10:49 pm

As with Elephant Talk, I'm mainly surprised the KCCC has lasted as long as it has (as much as I've enjoyed it). Possible good news about those next selections also being DVDs, although there's no telling what material/quality we're talking about. I suppose some ProjeKct video is too much to hope for, so.... we'll wait and see?
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Next

Return to Main Guestbook